• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-802a New Member

Bluejoe

Hello Members I’ve been looking into a military generator for sometime. Since joining I just been reading the posts trying to gain as much information on different KW models . I figured a 802 unit would suffice for home essentials during a power outage. I presently have a Honda clone. Want to step up to better performance unit. I also made contact with another member selling several 802s & 803s. The better decent units sell quickly. I came across someone selling low hours 802a units new condition No Resets manufactured dates 2010 & 2011. I’ve also looked at non running ones needing repair. I do my share of wrenching . The prices for these are not that much less than the newer Year ones which are turn key. I hope I listed in correct Post Thread

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello Members I’ve been looking into a military generator for sometime. Since joining I just been reading the posts trying to gain as much information on different KW models . I figured a 802 unit would suffice for home essentials during a power outage. I presently have a Honda clone. Want to step up to better performance unit. I also made contact with another member selling several 802s & 803s. The better decent units sell quickly. I came across someone selling low hours 802a units new condition No Resets manufactured dates 2010 & 2011. I’ve also looked at non running ones needing repair. I do my share of wrenching . The prices for these are not that much less than the newer Year ones which are turn key. I hope I listed in correct Post Thread
Welcome to the outfit!

I may as well admit that I know nothing more than how to use the power generated - but we have a heck of a good crew of Generator folks who fix and are willing to help troubleshoot. Be sure to take a bunch of pictures of your unit. Inside and out.

We have the TM's (Technical Manuals) for the 802, so get your free copies downloaded. Having the books will make you smarter. They have specs on the power plant as well as how to use a generator without killing yourself. Use a ground rod. Use it all the time.

There are flow charts for troubleshooting in the TM's.
They also give you the proper terms to discuss a particular problem.

Again, welcome to the group!!

jamawieb

I run through 50-75 units per year. I personally do not like real low hour units (100hours or less). They always have problems with injector pumps seized, rotting fuel lines, mice invasion, etc. The one thing to remember is there is no comparison between these and residential or commercial made generators. These are made with the highest quality materials, instead of being made with inferior products to increase profits. These generators will be the only one you will buy.

Bluejoe

Yes I was having a conversation with a friend about the issue of seized pumps just the other day. What if anything like diesel additives are being used ? I had several diesel trucks and used Power products. Some guys use 2 cycle oil mix in the diesel I’m involved in small engine repairs and occupy some space in a truck shop. I was trying to find something good and inexpensive but pricing is high. So I’m looking at everything I come across. I have learned a few things from another member.

Ray70

I totally agree with Jamawieb. I have had lots of machines with double digit hours and others with 4000+ and I have to agree that in my opinion, 800-1500 hrs. was more of the sweet spot for me.
I think they ran better ( due to being broken in ) and they tended to have less problems than the 10 year old machine with 10 hours that has been sitting doing nothing.
Plus people go nuts for the low hour machines at auction and you can pick up something with more hours and ( in my opinion ) probably less problematic machine for cheaper money.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks