• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802A Oil leak at pressure switch

MrShawn305

Good afternoon all, I was doing some service on my 802 today and found that my oil pressure switch is leaking from the little setscrew on it. I tried tightening it and even removing it and putting some teflon on it to no avail. The direct replacement part number appears to be Nason SM-2C-15F/QC with the same set screw. Has anyone dealt with this issue and come up with a permanent fix to keep that from leaking? An updated part number maybe?

Nutman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it a bad leak, on a lot of my John Deere’s the oil pressure sending unit starts to seep with time when it get bad enough to bug me I usually change it out. It looks very similar.

MrShawn305

Is it a bad leak, on a lot of my John Deere’s the oil pressure sending unit starts to seep with time when it get bad enough to bug me I usually change it out. It looks very similar.
Maybe mine is just bad. I'll order one in, looks like they're about $50 on Amazon. I'll see if anyone local can cross it to anything to line up spares.

MrShawn305

Not gonna lie, I'm half tempted to take the TIG torch to it and see if I can just seal it up with low fuming bronze or something. Small passes at lower amps to not put alot of heat into it. Worst case I wreck an already bad part.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks