• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802A Popping CB1 as Soon as the Unit is Switched to Pump/Prime

Blockwarden

Circling back on the hardware cloth addition. When covering all vents with it (I'm not concerned with obstruction of the 6"X6" hole on the bottom as it does not seem to be part of the whole cooling plan (or maybe it is, I don't know). My question is whether or not this is something that is going to restrict the designed airflow in the unit (in from the side vents and out through the top vent)?

Getting ready to pull the unit from the cement pad to address the bottom hole that allows rodent ingress. Fortunately bees are not so much of a problem in my area, so I can deal with that.

I just picked up another MEP-802A last weekend that only has 45 hours on it. I have some questions on it, but will ask in a new thread.

Thanks!!

Guyfang

Staff member
You are not going to restrict the air flow enough to matter. But after a few years, it may get very clogged up. Not sure. Someone who has done this a long time ago, should take a look see and make a comment here.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The primary mission of that cutout is to quickly evacuate water from the engine bay, under fording conditions. It will also allow for fresh air during use to pass through the system... but I believe there is sufficient cubic footage available solely through the side vents to keep everything happy. As Guy said, it would never hurt to check. Winds tend to accumulate leaves under things (and they also tend to excavate as well). The net result of keeping rodents out far outweighs the potential blockage to me. Screw those little devils.

2Pbfeet

I would put hardware cloth on the bottom one especially. Rodents can do so much damage so quickly. I used stainless steel safety wire into the wire mesh and up around each of the four tabs that hold the acoustic foam plate up. If you bend a small "U", it is easy to thread the wire down and back up. For me, the harder bit was putting the plate back on. YMMV...

All the best,

2Pbfeet

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just use a flat cut piece of 1/4" rodent mesh and ( 8 ) self tapping sheet metal screws and just go over the entire cutout with the machine lofted for easy bottom access.

I've recently begun using aluminized tape on the round battery holes under the trays, when machines sit without batteries for a while. No clearance issues with the trays installed either.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks