• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 803 help

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Light in the Dark. I almost guarantee that electrical cleaner will bring back your percent load gauge. That is the number 1 indicator of dirty contacts for me. I've been real lucky with Wal-mart electrical cleaner. Deoxit is fantansic but I can't get it local.
Never tried it, but probably cheap enough to pick some up and test. I see WD40 makes a spray contact cleaner now too.

WillsC

Listen to what the experts have to say on the Deoxit. My new (to me) 803 A had the same issue with the load meter not working. I could not find Deoxit locally so bought and used an entire can of Gunk brand electrical contact cleaner on the switches that did nothing. I ordered the Deoxit on Amazon and when I used it brown crud just POURED out of the switches. So the Gunk brand cleaner did nothing, the Deoxit fixed the load gauge instantly.....i'm a believer now. Will never buy another brand.