• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 803a hydro locked

Denvercaitland

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Of course! Pull it out and look at it. Is it ground off? Re install, (after testing of course) and then adjust it again. I dont know if you have done all this again, but sometimes it pays to recheck, readjust.
I removed, cleaned , adjusted / readjusted 1/2 dozen times. Looks ok but doesn't produce the 2.5 to 3 volts. I have a new one on order. Just wondering if that alone is the reason engine turns but will not start ( no sputtering ects. - similar to gaz engine with no spark)

Guyfang

Staff member
Of course it will stop the engine from starting. The MPU tells the get set how fast the engine is turning. If the engine is "not" turning, (no AC volts) then the set will not start.

Denvercaitland

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guyfang, I can't figure out how to do a PM , so I will do it on open forum at the risk of exposing complete ignorance :) . I have a diesel engine with fuel, air, compression, mechanical governor and solenoid that engage as it should and "crank" using S1 or dead crank switch ( I have short video but cant " attach" ). It's a given that my MPU is toast ( shows 280ohms max - not the 800-1100 you indicated in other post and .8 volts ac max - not 2.5 to 3 volts it should) reviewed all TM and forum post . But I cant compute why MPU alone would prevent engine from running ( I get mpu role in disengaging starter at 900 rpm)

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
I would assume if you applied 2.5 VAC to the circuit, it should start. But assumptions have a way of biting me on the butt. If a MPU is on order, why bother. Install it correctly. Test the output on dead crank, and try it.

Denvercaitland

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's alive, :), my thanks to guyfang, ray70 & jmenende. Lots of good advices and many tips on the forum. Cleaned injectors, injectors pump ( gary at gsj@gci.net was also very helpful in locating a used IP ). Water temp seems to be holding at 190°, cylinder hold around 195° when fully warmed up and all four within 2° of each other. Oil pressure is good. Producing electricity, I can adjust Hertz and voltage. I have a few short videos but can'tfigure out how to upload.

Attachments

Denvercaitland

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Job! looks like you've made her a winner. Out of curiosity What is the "Heater" that's in your machine? I see the switch on the front panel.
Is it a version of the diesel powered Arctic heater kit or some other type?
It is the Arctic heather kit, diesel powered. Will confirm tomorrow but bring the engine temp to 140 or so by circulating the antifreeze through the block. I’ll dig out my TM for reference # ( I followed guyfang ethos “read the TM” :). )

Attachments

Ray70

Nice, thanks Guy. Looks interesting. I have had a couple 803's with Arctic heaters installed but they were a different model heater.
Maybe the " Canadianized" machines sourced a different model. I'll check the TM to satisfy my curiosity.

Denvercaitland

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice, thanks Guy. Looks interesting. I have had a couple 803's with Arctic heaters installed but they were a different model heater.
Maybe the " Canadianized" machines sourced a different model. I'll check the TM to satisfy my curiosity.
Ray, find a few pics attached, it has its own fuel pump. Water from outlet at water pump and back to block. Bring temp up to 150° in about 6 min.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks