• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A replacement gauges and other items

DieselIron

The latest MEP-803 in the shop is now up and running.
This one was interesting as I found a large wet, stinky rodent nest up on the Generator terminal strip! Yuch!
Much bleach and cleaning finally got that area clean again.

The next item addressed was the engine fuel stop lever, it was broken in two!
My solution was to use an aluminum plate bent around the arm and JB Weld with a screw to hold it together.
I tested by activating the solenoid at least fifty times with no problems.

60659842459__E53BA696-24EB-46B5-836F-CBF0ED7315C4.JPG 60659844115__453FB95A-09D8-4E67-AE86-72F2E9E24C6E.JPG

Next, I need to replace the fuel level gauge as well as the oil pressure gauge. Tested both and the gauges are bad.
If you know of any replacement gauges please post them here.

Found a VDO "A2C53412988-S "12/24v 33-240 ohm gauge that looks like it will work for the fuel level gauge,
and a VDO "A2C53412998-S" for the oil pressure gauge.

I also need to come up with a replacement fault reset switch for the fault panel. Troubleshooting a test low oil pressure fault was not tripping K12, so tracked it down to the fault circuit.
I opened the fault panel and found the switch was in many pieces! Obviously someone used a hammer on it as some time! :oops:

IMG_1137.jpg

Thanks for any sources you might know of.

Attachments

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a fault panel available from an 802. Cant do much right now to have it go anywhere, but maybe we can talk down the line if you still need it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks