• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-804A Quad fuse problem

knifeman

I just purchased this gen set and everything seems fine on start up. Untill I release the start switch at which time the quad fuse blows. I see no glaring problems and need some help.

Guyfang

Staff member
When that fuse pops, its a good thing to check out your A1 (AC Volt Regulator). Have you down loaded the TM's, and maybe looked at at the troubleshooting guide?

What size fuse is in the fuse holder?

knifeman

I at this time not done any trouble shooting on the A1. I am definitely learning as I go on this piece of equipment. The first time I started it up everything seemed fine for the first couple minutes. Then Phase and voltage both dropped off. And before you ask no I did not throw any switches, turn any knobs, or make any adjustments.

knifeman

Gentlemen. After downloading the TM Voltage Regulator Test procedure this is what I found.
When the meter should have read between 4 and 12 VDC I got 0 VDC
On AC Volts what should have read 210-280 VAC I got 20 VAC
The ohms test was also a failure and the pot was far from smooth in fact so much so it was difficult to get a good reading.

So I assume my next step is to order a new AC Voltage Regulator. If this is the case please let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks