• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep-804B control panel compatibility with mep-804A?

Guyfang

Staff member
Dewie wrote:
ok boys and girls lets clear up this confusion
There were differences between the A and B model control panels.
Yes the gensets themselves were different they had different engines in them.
So of course, the water pumps and battery charging alternator were different.
The B engine had an electric fuel pump so in the control box there were wire changes, there was also another resettable dc breaker added to the control box for the different alternator that was used on the B engine.
The whole thing was part of a FIKE (field install kit engine) where you were supposed to be able to take an A model and just change the engine and roll, but that never happened exactly.
What I meant by there were no changes to the B model was that when you install the digital control box the engine/generator set had no changes short of adding a couple of wires for breaker closure I believe.
I know there were changes to the the genset from A to B models.
I worked on the new B model and all the changes that were made from A to B
Guy I have no idea what you are refering to when you say that there was a different main gen.
We went from an Isuzu engine to a Yanmar engine, gen was the same. Also, what spike protection was changed?

I was told that DRS did try another Main Gen, in this package, but that the original B model Main Gen would also work.

He did not tell me what changes were made to the Spike Protection, just that there was a change.

He also said that there were wiring changes, and that the Military TM's could no longer be used for some trouble shooting tasks because of that. And that DRS provided some documentation on the changes, but very often that documentation was "Not to be found".

He was adamant that this control panel could not simply be dropped in an A or B model and work without more than a little work.