• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-805b exhaust pipe size

scubastevexj

Hello, thanks for accepting my registration.

I have recently purchased a non running 2006 MEP-805b 30kw 3 phase generator on a trailer with 10 hours. I've read a lot of helpful articles here that have allowed me to refurbish and get it running like a top.

I intend to mount it in a 26k box truck and I'm looking for a way to route the exhaust out without giving anybody carbon monoxide poisoning.

The exhaust exit is threaded and appears to be about 3.5" in diameter. I've searched the forum here and found some threads on other models with smaller exhaust, and I've read the technical manual and I cannot find anywhere that specifies the size/thread.

My question is, are there any experts here that know what the connection size/thread.

I figured I'd ask here before I started ordering a bunch of stuff off of random websites that may or may not fit as none of the XBox stores around here carry 3-1/2" NPT to try on it.

TIA.
Edit: spelling /grammar

scubastevexj

Posting photo with text since formatting didn't get maintained.
1708573605543.png
Indoor Installation. WARNING Exhaust discharge contains deadly gases. Do not operate generator sets in enclosed areas unless exhaust discharge is property vented outside. Failure to observe this warning could result in severe personal injury or death due to carbon monoxide poisoning. CAUTION Never position generator set with the air inlets near a wall or other object that interferes with tooting air circulation, damage to equipment could occur. Provide ducts and vents to outside of building if good supply of cooling air is not available. Make air intake and outlet openings in building same size or larger as those on the generator set. Install a gas tight metal pipe from exhaust pipe of generator set to outside of building. NOTE Make exhaust pipe extension as short and straight as possible with only one 90 degree bend, if needed. Ensure that inside diameter of exhaust pipe extension is as large or larger than generator exhaust pipe. WARNING Hot exhaust gases can ignite flammable materials. result in severe personal injury or death. Provide for harmless discharge of hot gases and sparks. materials. WARNING Failure to observe this warning could Do not direct exhaust into area containing flammable If not shielded, hot exhaust pipe can ignite flammable wall materials. Failure to observe this warning could result in severe personal injury or death.

uniquify

Since no one else has chimed in yet, I'll take a stab. If the physical dimension of the outside of the exhaust pipe is 3.5", then it's likely 3" NPT.

A cheap way to confirm would be to go to the local hardware store and find a cheap threaded PVC or ABS (drain) fitting or cap and see if it fits.

scubastevexj

Since no one else has chimed in yet, I'll take a stab. If the physical dimension of the outside of the exhaust pipe is 3.5", then it's likely 3" NPT.

A cheap way to confirm would be to go to the local hardware store and find a cheap threaded PVC or ABS (drain) fitting or cap and see if it fits.
I appreciate the input. I ordered one the other day and I'll update once it arrives. Didn't have time to get to hardware store.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks