• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-805b injection pump actuator

SSM MTS

Hello all,

I purchased this mep-805b from an auction and don’t know much about it just yet, but am learning. I am suspicious of the injection pump actuator because the wire harness is not connected to the pump and my pump looks like it’s missing the actuator, but I don’t see how it would fasten to my pump. Does this machine have the wrong injection pump installed?

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
Please attach a picture of the Gen set Data Plate.
Please attach better pictures of the I.P.
Please go to the TM section, and down load the TM's for this gen set.

It sure looks to me like you might not have the right injector pump, and the Electric actuator is definitely not mounted on the I.P.

What auction?

SSM MTS

Let me know if the attachments aren’t what you requested or insufficient. In process in TM digestion. Recent Govplanet auction. Picked up out of Hooks Texas out of Red River depot. IMG_9703.jpegIMG_9702.jpegIMG_9701.jpegIMG_9700.jpegIMG_9698.jpegIMG_9703.jpegIMG_9702.jpegIMG_9701.jpegIMG_9700.jpegIMG_9698.jpeg

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think I have seen this yet. As they say, you learn something new every day

IP is normally used on John Deere 4039DF 35KW Diesel Generator Set

IP retailes for around $ 1,500.00

JD IP Pump.jpg

JD 35KW Genset.jpg

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the normally installed IP on a 806B
The 805B IP looks the same as the 806B IP, but I believe they have different fuel flow rates. I am not an expert in setting those IP’s up

MEP 806B pumo.jpg

Last edited:

SSM MTS

The RTV on the fuel return fitting spooked me a little too. I will first cross reference some of the sticker numbers on the the IP to see exactly what model it is before I cause any damage to the engine. If that checks out I will see if I can get the IP to supply fuel. Since I’ve never heard this engine run I plan on giving the terminal on top of the IP 12 or 24V to see if it makes noise as I thinks it’s probably a shut off solenoid. Then dead crack and see if it will fire.

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The RTV on the fuel return fitting spooked me a little too. I will first cross reference some of the sticker numbers on the the IP to see exactly what model it is before I cause any damage to the engine. If that checks out I will see if I can get the IP to supply fuel. Since I’ve never heard this engine run I plan on giving the terminal on top of the IP 12 or 24V to see if it makes noise as I thinks it’s probably a shut off solenoid. Then dead crack and see if it will fire.
From my understanding at the moment, the IP you got has two screw terminals on top of which one has a jumper to chassis.
The coil on your current IP should be 24V (according to what I read, but needs to be verified)

Remove the jumper from the black terminal to chassis and then connect your two pin connector to the two screw terminals as the Bravo IP's have a insulated coil to chassis. Then you should be able to start / run Genset normally

I do not know off hand of what the DC Resistance of the Bravo IP Coil is. Check the Bravo TM's for indicated DC Resistance so you won't overload the Governor Controller.

The Dead Crank Switch will not allow the Genset to start when the regular IP is installed. It will crank only. But with your idea of applying just 12V or 24V to the plus terminal on current IP, it may just start.

Guyfang

Staff member
If someone had this set running without the actuator, you need to look for other "modifications".

Applying 24 VDC to the IP fuel shut off solenoid will allow fuel to go to the engine. But you will not have ANY control over the engine speed other then the manual throttle cable. Be real sure you know how to stop this engine in case it runs away.

Guyfang

Staff member
From my understanding at the moment, the IP you got has two screw terminals on top of which one has a jumper to chassis.
The coil on your current IP should be 24V (according to what I read, but needs to be verified) Yes, (24 VDC)

Remove the jumper from the black terminal to chassis and then connect your two pin connector to the two screw terminals as the Bravo IP's have a insulated coil to chassis. Then you should be able to start / run Gen set normally (I do not think it will run normally. As i wrote in the previous message, there will be NO GOV CONTROL other then the manual throttle cable. And even then, the CIM may decide to not allow the set to run or make power. This part is guessing. But NO GOV CONTROL. So you need to be ready to shut the engine down, and flipping the S1 to OFF, is NOT going to do it.

I do not know off hand of what the DC Resistance of the Bravo IP Coil is. Check the Bravo TM's for indicated DC Resistance so you won't overload the Governor Controller. Looks like a new pump, so the solenoid is probably good. Looks like to me the IP and Actuator were missing and some one just ordered the IP. Probably because they only looked at the Engine TM, and not the Generator TM. That's where the Actuator is listed. Very common mistake made by unschooled people.

The Dead Crank Switch will not allow the Genset to start when the regular IP is installed. (Yes it will, if you hot wire the IP. And there is the danger. A diesel needs compression, fuel and air. If the IP is hot wired, then even in dead crank, its got those three items.) It will crank only. But with your idea of applying just 12V or 24V to the plus terminal on current IP, it may just start. I am just a old hack, but this is more then a foolish idea. What will it bring you? Your whole safety system is for all intents and purposes null and void. Run out of oil? Run out of coolest? Over voltage? Short circuit? All those things that will save a life or machine don't shut off the engine.

SSM MTS

I hear you fella’s about no governor control with the IP hot wired. The intent is to use an easily removable jumper so that if it does fire up and rev up I could remove it asap. Actually I just want to see some fuel bleed out of a few of the nozzle lines. I may be able to mess with it tomorrow to update. But I agree that I need an actuator. Any suggestions on the acquisition of one? And I have given the electrical guts an inspection and didn’t see anything with my untrained eyes, but agree that there are probably a few extra gremlins in this machine. I’ll take them on one at a time. Thanks for the help guys.

Guyfang

Staff member
I hear you fella’s about no governor control with the IP hot wired. The intent is to use an easily removable jumper so that if it does fire up and rev up I could remove it asap. (I have seen two gen sets of this type destroy themselves. Both had the 24 VDC removed from the IP, when everyone noticed the engine was overspeeding. Both continued to run till the parts flew out of it, because at a certain speed, the set SUCKS, or better said, creates a vacuum , that will defeat the fuel cut off solenoid coil from compleatly closing. Its not an every day experience, but be aware. I would choke air off myself. )Actually I just want to see some fuel bleed out of a few of the nozzle lines. I may be able to mess with it tomorrow to update. But I agree that I need an actuator. Any suggestions on the acquisition of one? (Buy one. They are available on line. Read the directions when installing. I saw a like engine to yours overspeed until it popped, because it was installed wrong, and another that would not run, because it was installed wrong. It a simple device. But get it right.) And I have given the electrical guts an inspection and didn’t see anything with my untrained eyes, but agree that there are probably a few extra gremlins in this machine. I’ll take them on one at a time. Thanks for the help guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks