• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 806B AC Circuit Interrupt won’t close

JW929

My MEP 806B has been acting up lately. The engine control start/stop started malfunctioning. I had to add a fuel shutoff valve to the fuel line because the engine control stopped working when I switched the knob to off. It starts the generator, but it will not turn it off now.

The AC Circuit Interrupt stopped working now. I cannot close the circuit to flow power to my breaker panel. It was working 2 days ago, but not now.

The other issue I’ve been having is after startup, the generator rpm’s run up and trip an over current error message. The frequency adj switch has never worked. Sometimes I can stall the motor down enough by manually retarding the actuator and sometimes not.

I’m really getting frustrated with this generator. It seems all of the electronics has really complicated things. Any help/suggestions with the above issues would be greatly appreciated. I’m by no means proficient with electronic issues; however, I’m good at following directions and not afraid of trying.

Lastly, is there away to bypass all of the electronics and simply use the generator as a standby generator with a 2-wire start/stop?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
MEP 806B
good question!
Lastly, is there away to bypass all of the electronics and simply use the generator as a
standby generator with a 2-wire start/stop?

Guyfang

Staff member
MEP 806B
good question!
Lastly, is there away to bypass all of the electronics and simply use the generator as a
standby generator with a 2-wire start/stop?
Yes there is. There is another thread in the Forum, started 10 days ago? There is a link to an explanation on how to do so. Let me see if I can find it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks