• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-831A - battery tray & tie down

uniquify

I recently picked up an 831 that is missing the battery and some related items. I've read about guys using a pair of commonly available motorcycle batteries in series instead of the stock 24v battery. I'm curious if anyone has had luck sourcing or improvising the battery tray and tie down bracket.

uniquify

Ended up finding a pair of 20HL AGM batteries on sale. The local Advance Auto Parts store had a universal battery hold down that fit over the pair of batteries. It came with a small bracket that worked for the left side, and it had plenty of holes on the right side to facilitate a pair of J-bolts. The batteries aren't going anywhere.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks