• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-831A no power

Jeep23

Kurt,
I recall you mentioning a while back that you can convert these -831a's to a non-inverter type generator head and throttle running at a set RPM for the proper Hz. Have you any further info or experience with that? Im strongly considering converting for simplicity reasons.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kurt,
I recall you mentioning a while back that you can convert these -831a's to a non-inverter type generator head and throttle running at a set RPM for the proper Hz. Have you any further info or experience with that? Im strongly considering converting for simplicity reasons.
Yes, I have a kit to do that exact conversion.
- New custom Governor Controller to maintain 60 Hz
- Wire Harness, Transformer Assembly, Current Sensors, Installation hardware with instructions
- Gen head not supplied. It can be ordered direct from Mecc Alte for about $450 delivered.

Custom 60Hz Governor Controller replaces the SLC100......................Showing conventional gen head on Yanmar. Still some wiring to complete in pic.
Controller.jpg 20190621_161204.jpg

Jeep23

Yes, I have a kit to do that exact conversion.
- New custom Governor Controller to maintain 60 Hz
- Wire Harness, Transformer Assembly, Current Sensors, Installation hardware with instructions
- Gen head not supplied. It can be ordered direct from Mecc Alte for about $450 delivered.

Custom 60Hz Governor Controller replaces the SLC100......................Showing conventional gen head on Yanmar. Still some wiring to complete in pic.
View attachment 906770 View attachment 906771
Thank you Kurt. How do I go about purchasing this kit form you and what is the cost?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks