• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP ground rod kit/slide hammer info

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
A little while ago a bunch of slide hammers went on sale though GSA. There was something like 130 of them. Went cheap...

Guyfang

Staff member
Gotta tell you, I have seen even worse than this. Typical soldiers. Several soldiers die every year, due to poor/nonexistent grounding.

Stupid. And all the info you need or want is available to soldiers at few keystrokes. The CECOM guys will drive a million miles to teach good grounding.

Just from the way this presentation was written, I could guess who wrote it. It's his pet peeve, and he is a devil about it. He is now the head CECOM Senior, Master Tech. I agree with every word he wrote.

The unit was the 11th Brigade, 57th Signal.

Last edited:

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know where to find any ground rod kits and the hammers for a decent price nowadays?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sold a number of each over the past year through the classifieds. I am clean out of hammers, but know I have a ton of rods... just not sure if I have all of the small detail parts to make up complete kits. I will look through the garage to see if I have anything left.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sold a number of each over the past year through the classifieds. I am clean out of hammers, but know I have a ton of rods... just not sure if I have all of the small detail parts to make up complete kits. I will look through the garage to see if I have anything left.
Thank you Sir that would be awesome.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

CommoChief

Light in the Dark...how did you make out on finding
complete grounding kits?

CommoChief

Zed254

I checked Ebay for the hammer: search 5120-01-013-1676

....removed dead link.....

Ground rods were on Sportsmansguide a year or so ago for $20 + shipping. Search Ebay for 5975-00-878-3791. There is a set listed but the guy is pretty proud of it.....but he is accepting offers.

Last edited:

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah sorry most of the parts I have burned putting together for customer sets. As I have more or less transitioned out of handling trailer mounted units, I've stopped receiving slide hammers in. They appear once in a blue moon inside of a genset enclosure, but 99.9% of the time are in the tool box on the various trailer mounted units.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks