• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep oo3a no output

maddog4

Mep 003a no output

bought my fist mep 003a engine runs good but have no output
tried to flash with no luck
looked at tm and hooked battery to tb3-5 and tb3-6
l1 showed .2 l2 / 0 l3/.2
pulled end plate on gen checked diodes all diodes seems to be good all read 0 ohms one way and 118 to 129 the other
check what few connections could see easy found a few loose now at astand still this is my first gen set to work on any help would be greatly appeciated thanks

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First, welcome to Steel Soldiers. You've come to the right place for help with your MEP. The MEP003A is an excellent genset. I found some of the nuts on the underside of the connection box loose on my 003A, in fact, one nut was missing. Check these connections. Also try changing the switch settings back and forth to help clean the contacts. These units have been sitting around for years in most cases. How did you flash the generator? After starting, hold the starter switch in the start position for 15 - 20 seconds to flash it. Occasionally, I have to do this.

maddog4

Thanks
itried flash with starter switch but not that long
forgot to mention breaker contacts were dirty had to break down and cleam inside termanals have been measuring voltage off breaker

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks