• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep TQG sale site?

zarathustra

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't been looking for a while, but the "usual" mil surplus generator sales site seems to have gone quiet? No gens, no parts.
Perhaps I have been living under a rock, but the mil stuff seems to have disappeared.

zarathustra

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't been looking for a while, but the "usual" mil surplus generator sales site seems to have gone quiet? No gens, no parts.
Perhaps I have been living under a rock, but the mil stuff seems to have disappeared.

zarathustra
It's definitely slowd down on gensets for sure...makes me wonder if they've finally run out!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ray70

Yes, that just recently happened within the last couple weeks. It's like they haven't advertised any auctions into 2022 yet.
Maybe they are taking a little shut-down!
Dunno....

zarathustra

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aha! I hadn't heard or read that.

Possibly they are in negotiations with the Gov on fees and terms. They're still selling stuff. just not Gov stuff.... I wonder who else might be in the running for the contact. I'd imagine that the old G/L would be pretty hungry....

Thanks

Ray Cook

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GovPlanet has an '002A for sale in Ohio. It's a Hollingsworth machine from 1981. There's a plate on the side that says Tier 2 reset. What does that mean?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It means it has undergone a rebuild process. Rebuilt engine, refurbishment of genhead and accessories, etc. The hourmeter should have been changed when the engine was (so its not reflective of the actual machine usage... just its newest lease on life).

Ray Cook

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, guys. Interesting read. I didn't see anywhere where the reset calls for replacing the injection pump. Since the above machine is from '81, it should have had a Bosch PSU. I'm not buying the machine, just curious, as I'd hate to see someone stuck with a generator they couldn't use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks