• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep002/3a Fuel Pump Parts

ckesey

One of my two regular fuel pumps isn't working. I took it apart to clean and it has a broken part. Is there a source for a rebuilt kit for these? I've got one working and the transfer pump works as well but would like to keep my transfer pump for a future project. I've seen several 24v replacement pumps (that were discussed here) that would work but would like to keep it stock if possible.

Any suggestions for rebuilt parts?

Chainbreaker

I haven't ever seen any rebuild kits or even internal replacement parts other than maintenance items...screens & washer.

Can you take a photo of the broken part and post it? There might be some SS member that has a broken pump and might be willing to part with the item you need to effect a repair of your OEM pump.

Another thought, is to purchase one of the more economical Facet Gold Flo 24V pumps without "pass through feature" and use it to swap in place of the good Auxiliary transfer pump (first verify Aux pump is actually the same type as main pumps by looking at P/N on mtg flange) so you can use your original OEM Aux pump to replace the broken one.

Sometimes you can find decent Facet pricing deals at Pegasus & Aircraft Spruce. However, if purchasing the non-pass through type of pump it could not be used in tandem with your other primary pump and would be only for your Aux transfer. That is...unless you decided to just use a "single pump" to supply fuel to the injection pump circuit which is perfectly fine to only have one fuel pump w/o redundancy that you may never need. Offline redundancy could be provided by keeping a spare non flow through type pump on hand or just use the aux pump if you don't have it hooked up to aux fuel source.

Anyway, those are some options to consider.

ckesey

I have a couple inop 002/003 pumps here.. what are you looking for?
There is a little metal 3-pronged piece that has a hole in that the internal check valve sits. Mine was bent when I dissembled it and one of the other prongs was already very weak. I also shot the plastic check valve (half round with small shaft) and small spring (that fits on that plastic shaft) across the garage never to be seen again. If you happen to have those 3 I would be most grateful.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you pick up the freight via usps I'll just toss the couple dead pumps in a box and you can sort through them at your leisure. They will be complete, less mesh strainer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks