• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep002 wheel w/ wire

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the wire that is on my Mepoo2, i Just picked up. Looks like it hooks into the slave receptacale, funky ends on both. What is it use for
Thanks Bob.

:roll:

rickf

HEY, I wanted that one!:p
I thought it was a 110 volt extension cord. The ends you are describing are not 110 though.

Rick

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
without seeing it I can't say for sure, but it's too big of a reel to be for slave cables. The ends are probably just something for the AC output of the generator. Got a better picture of the ends??? Like rickf said, it's probably just a long cord for the output.

Crazyguyla

If the enda look like slave cable plugs, it's a power cable for a commo shelter. A picture of the plug enda would help :)

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you imagine the voltage drop if that was an extension cord?!?!

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok there are 2 ends with same connector. One goes back an connects to the slave outlet, that has about 1O' of wire, then it goes back to the wheel, next wire says 1,320' it has the other end. the end has just 2 connectors inside. When I get back to NY will take Pics. Thought it was going to be 10-3 or something like that. this is certainly a special cable. More later when I get home. Trying to install new Oil filter, Speddmon I might be after a spin on soon, what a pain. Thanks bob.

panic_button

Spin Oil filter well worth the money. Never have to change out the O ring (good luck getting correct one), less mess, no tools to change the filter, and the spin on filters $3.

WARWAG

Not sure what I paid for my oil filter element since im on the road. But I know it was in the $5 to $8 bucks range. It came with the correct O ring. if you have a little bucket and a few rags then there really isnt much to clean up since it has a oil chute to drain down into the little bucket. Is it less of a mess with a spin on filter conversion. YES. But your changing oil on an engine. "to me" is no big deal. To me I would rather have the original set up since I can buy a ton of filters for the price of the conversion. The capacity of the stock filter is also much more than on the small spin on filters. That means the filter elements on the smaller filters will not allow you to go the 100 hrs. between reccomended oil change intervals. In fact I would say you would need to cut the reccomended time to 1/2 or even a 1/3. In other words you should change the spin on filter every 50 or even 30 hours. So you would need to buy 2 to 3 filters compared to the original filter setup. Again this is "ONLY" my opinion. To each his own.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't want to respond to any of this stuff since I'm the one selling the spin-on kits, but you sir, are wrong about the filters. I designed this adapter to use the Fram PH16 filter. Not the common smaller filters on a lot of cars. These filters have a finer micron rating than the OEM cartridge and will last every bit of the 100 hour recommended interval and probably more.

With the finer filtration and faster time to pressure (especially in the winter) due to the anti drainback valve, I feel that this is a worth while modification for the generators. As you said, "to each his own". I was looking around for this mod for a long time before I broke down and did it myself. In my opinion and for the money, considering how new engines are going to be getting very scarce real soon, I think it is a good idea to take every precaution possible to get the maximum life from these engines.

WARWAG

As I said in my post its only my "OPINION". Im glad to hear that I am indeed wrong in what I "SUSPECTED" as I had stated in my "OPINION". I have nothing to loose and have nothing invested in his Generator or your Adaptor. I for one cant see your filter making enough diffrence to provide for a longer life even with its slighter higher Micron filter with less capacity. My oil pressure jumps up as soon as the engine is started. Not sure how much quicker you think that tiny filter with its anti drain feature would be? Its a very small engine with a gallon of oil! Again to each his own. Keep up the good work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks