• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP002a filter costs

hedgehog69

I just bought some oil and fuel filters for my MEP002a at Autozone. CH6PL and C1125PL. Price was app. $10 each. I just went to www.rockauto.com and ordered more. I have 7 of these units to get going. The oil filters were $4.25 ea. The fuel filters were $5.53 ea. I ordered 4 oil filters and 6 fuel filters. Shipping was $8.42. total cost was $58.60. I think I will continue to do business with rockauto.com!!!

papercu

O'Reilly Auto Parts has a match price deal, do you have one of those? If not did you ask Autozone if they would match that price?
Local business losing revenue so having to lay off employee and/or closing doors.
County and state losing tax dollars so shutting down services and/or raising taxes.
You are free to do your business as you will and I'm not pointing any fingers at you, I just have to say all is not a win-win. Wayne

steelypip

I got my generator filters there as well.

It's worth mentioning that if you have an older car or truck, it's a good idea to search for consumable parts for it at Rock Auto periodically. They buy up old parts stocks and sell them off very cheaply, as in oil filters for $2, Brake pads for $3, belts for $3, etc. They also sometimes get hard parts this way as well, most commonly suspension parts.

When I bought the oil and fuel filter care package for my MEP-002A, I browsed around and scored brake pads, fuel filters, oil filters, and a belt that didn't manage to double the cost of the order. It's a substantial savings over FLAPS prices. The old stock items may be in no box or a battered box, but they've just been sitting on the shelf for a long time.

Last edited:

Keith_J

I guess Auto Zone has discontinued the Fram filters that fit the 002 and 003a generators.

I try to support the local but it has become hard to do. I'm sick of paying more for stuff made in China locally than domestic I can get online. Yes, I would pay more.

Rock Auto almost always has a selection.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks