• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP002A fuel hose

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Got a pic? Some of the units have re-usable ends. You just take them off the old hose and replace them on the new section.

johnray13

I found this to be the least expensive solution. The hose is #5 and the ends are jic-5f. The 90 connectors at the filters are jic-5m (connects to the hose) and ntp-4 (to the filter). Get the hose here (https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=920-2212&catname=hydraulic) You'll note the ends are jic-4. So you will also get two 90 connectors to fit the smaller jic hose end ,jic-4m to npt-4m (https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-2501-4-4&catname=hydraulic). Total cost, $11. Not a bad deal.

Disclaimer: I based the sizes on the parts manual part #350-5-122. That should make the hose 12 1/4" long with the jic-5 fittings I listed. You can double check by reading this PDF from the hose OEM. (It is a little confusing but I read it 5 times so I think I got it...maybe)
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/pdf/aeroquipms28741.pdf
Also, this is for a MEP 003a and I assuming it is the same for a 002a

For a dollar or two more (or less of you can get the old fittings off and reuse them) you can get the hose here: http://shop.hoseandfittings.com/catalog/Hose/DOT/100R5_DOT_Hose/05R5.html and the fittings here: http://shop.hoseandfittings.com/catalog/Hose_End/DOT/100R5_DOT_Reusable/FJX/05R5-05RFJX.html

Again, no guarantee that I got all the sizes right so double check. And if you go one of these routes, post a follow up how it worked.

John

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a hose leaking on my 003 that goes from the filters to the engine. I haven't changed it yet but I was just going to go to NAPA and match one up there. They should have some hose that will work.

Jimc

Ill just throw this out there since a link was posted for surplus center. While I love that place, the problem with their hyd hoses and ends is that they are all cheap Chinese or low grade fittings. I have used them on my Kubota tractor a few times and 70% of them are now replaced with good quality stuff from a local hyd service shop. I have gotten them right out of the box with split and cracked ends, bad threads, etc. had a few ends blow off on me too. Not fun.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ill just throw this out there since a link was posted for surplus center. While I love that place, the problem with their hyd hoses and ends is that they are all cheap Chinese or low grade fittings. I have used them on my Kubota tractor a few times and 70% of them are now replaced with good quality stuff from a local hyd service shop. I have gotten them right out of the box with split and cracked ends, bad threads, etc. had a few ends blow off on me too. Not fun.
While that is true and it's better to use good USA stuff, the fuel hose on these generators is under a whole lot less pressure than a hyd system. Hoses that would never hold up in a hyd system will work fine for fuel hose. If you don't mind the looks, hose clamped ends and barb fittings will hold up fine in this application.

Jimc

As long as the threads are right with them. I have had 3 or 4 with poor machining and had literaly next to no threads on them. They never tightened down at all. I do agree with you though. You dont really need the high psi stuff. At most the fuel pressure is 5-10 psi. Doesnt take much to contain that. I would think napa should have something.

johnray13

That blows that you got crappy stuff from Surplus Center. I also got four 60"x5/8" hoses for my Kubota tractor from SC a couple years ago and they were top quality USA hose and fittings. I wouldn't have recommended them if I thought there stuff was junk. I guess since it is "surplus" you get what you get. I just ordered some more hose and fittings and should get them tomorrow. I actually ordered that same hose I linked to for a compression adapter. I'll post a follow up picture of what I get.

FWIW, everybody uses Chinese fittings. There on on the new JD, Kubota, NH. etc. tractors. It's been a grip on the tractor forums for some time. My Kubota has them as well. I have not had any problems but I too, avoid Chinese stuff as I know a lot of it is garbage.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up,
John

Jimc

i love the place really, just a problem with their pre-made hoses. like john said, its surplus so maybe you just get whatever they have

johnray13

That blows that you got crappy stuff from Surplus Center. I also got four 60"x5/8" hoses for my Kubota tractor from SC a couple years ago and they were top quality USA hose and fittings. I wouldn't have recommended them if I thought there stuff was junk. I guess since it is "surplus" you get what you get. I just ordered some more hose and fittings and should get them tomorrow. I actually ordered that same hose I linked to for a compression adapter. I'll post a follow up picture of what I get.

FWIW, everybody uses Chinese fittings. There on on the new JD, Kubota, NH. etc. tractors. It's been a grip on the tractor forums for some time. My Kubota has them as well. I have not had any problems but I too, avoid Chinese stuff as I know a lot of it is garbage.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up,
John

Follow up on the hose. I got the same on I linked to and it is indeed a USA hose. Below is a picture.
IMG_0766.jpg

John

johnray13

Several of the miscellaneous fittings I got were stamped China. But the hose and the connections on the end are marked NRP Jones, which are made in Indiana and Utah.

On a side note, they are predicting a foot of heavy wet snow tonight. So with a little luck, we'll get a good run of the 003 tomorrow. This would be the first time I get to really use it.

I am almost giddy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks