• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep002a leak at injection pump

mtfleming

I have diesel fuel dripping off of a twisted wire on the left side of the injection pump. If I run the fuel pump without starting the generator, it will leak then as well. Any thoughts? What will I need to do to fix it?
Thanks

Ray70

Humm.... twisted wire on left side? When looking at the pump is the wire on the right side near the governor linkage arm? There is usually some safety wire tied around the throttle stop screws. A leak there is probably coming from the o-ring around the throttle shaft. Unfortunately you have to remove the pump to get the throttle shaft ( also called "Control unit" in the manual ) out.
Once the pump is off the machine you just have to remove the 2 flat head screws holding the retainer plate, then pull the shaft out and replace the o-ring.
To put it back in you need to get the little flat tab on the end of the shaft to fit into the slot in the side of the plunger sleeve.

see attached.View attachment Model 50 service.pdfParts are readily available direct from Ambac.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks