• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep003...mep017 fuel lines

usmc434

hello i am a military vehicle collector...i have recently bought at auction two gens a mep017 and mep003 i have the manuals....but i will need help with gen.problems questions

1 all fuel hoses need replacement......will upbraided auto fuel line work just as good

2 on the mep017 with a bad engine battery VR...cause no voltage being applied to the main gen VR.. on the line connections input 1 and 2 on the old style main gen VR...what would cause no input voltage to the main VR

3 what would be the voltage reading on the main gen. VR six pins

4 ...besides new ,,fuel lines ,,,filters ,,,oil change ,,and manuals and no idling the gen..what else should i do to make the first run

thank you for any help

larry in alabama

Keith_J

Fuel lines good for gasoline are good for diesel. Pressure is under 10 PSI on these lines.

On the voltage regulator issue, field flashing is not normally required, unlike the 002/003A series because the 017 operates at 3600 RPM and USUALLY residual magnetism is sufficient to "bootstrap" the main field.

jbk

my 003 had several fuel lines and filter cans missing. got the fuel lines used fron delks for $15.00 a piece. on my 017 i changed all the fuel lines to rubber hose and changed the fittings to brass barbs made it alot easier. have you tried the manual feild flash switch inside left contol panel? on my 017s and 018 all needed fuel pumps, points,plugs and carbs.

usmc434

thank you on the fuel lines info

mep017
1.replaced carb. fuel pump .fuel lines.cleaned fuel filter screen..clean plugs and gap...eng. runs good..

2 replaced battery VR..

3...flash fields

4...had voltage out put but lost it

5..pulled main gen.VR old style found to bad diode cr9 and cr10 ...could not id value..replaced with 2 still no voltage output

6...ordered sx460 vR......not in yet

7..connected 12v car battery to f5 and f6,,output voltage rose from 0 to 24 ac
question

1..does the battery VR..have any effect on the gen. main VR.

2...the 6 pins on the old style VR....can you id the pins for me pin 5 f1,,pen 6 f2 ..what are the other pins...

3 ..does all the voltage on the main gen. VR come from the gen.and none from battery

thank you larry in alabama

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks