• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep017 old type voltage reg. diodo id

usmc434

mep017 old type voltage reg. parts not in manual.....found two bad diodos cr9 and cr10....the best i could id off the old diodos are izr 69-102 r6...can someone help me id a repacement of them,,,,i have two jan1 n1184 on hand will they work about 4 times thier phy. size......also is the old volt reg.wireing the same as the latter voltage reg......... if i decide to install the chiness sx 460 reg. via. the older posts on how to...

larry in alabama

derf

I, personally, prefer the SX460. It has low frequency cutout and is a more modern design. You can put new diodes in a VR but you still have other old components in there.
On the other hand the old stuff was well made and robust.

usmc434

old stuff

the old vr is a six wire was that for a six wire hook up for the sx460 from the how to post on the mep017a ...a good guess on the diodes cr10 and cr9 is better than nothing marking izr 69-102 r6 means nothing on the web

Isaac-1

I don't know your connections layout, but your six wires are likely a 120V output reference line (the SX460 can be set to reference either 120V or 240V) , the F+/F- field wires and a pair of wires going to the front panel rheostat (an external rheostat is optional on the SX460). It should be fairly simple to figure out which is which by a simple matter of elimination using an ohm meter.

Ike

usmc434

mep017a vr saturable reactor

this must be the first type vr
.but must have
been updated in the
manual to a newer
modle....it only troubleshoots the new one unless i miss something ..the one on mine is the saturable reactor cr 9 and c10 are lug diedos les

derf

You can use the existing front panel variable resistor (pot) with the SX460. It should be a 750 Ohm pot.
To set it just put the front panel variable resistor in the middle of its travel and use the volts adjustment on the SX460 to set the output to 120V or 240V or whatever your target output is. Then, the front panel variable resistor should give you less output voltage as you turn in CCW and more as you turn it CW, with your target in the middle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks