• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP701a Not starting

dmatk315

Aloha everyone,

I recently purchased a MEP701a from GL with 12 hours. I read over all the turn-in docs and it apparently was an excess generator for one of the units here at Schofield. It looks very new.

It didn't come with a battery and of course all the fluids were drained. I hooked up 2 12v batteries in series for the 24v connection, filled it with the appropriate oil and fuel. The generator turns over, but will not start for some reason. I have the -12 and -24P TM's, but haven't really read through them yet. I was hoping someone here would be able to help me out. Thanks.

My background, 7 years AD Army, served with USSOCOM at Ft. Bragg and LRRS-Det at Schofield, comms background. Currently with the Hawaii NG.

Isaac-1

I think you are talking about the hand prime pump for the injection pump, you need to loosen the fitting going into the injector and crank until fuel spurts out (warning put a rag around it as it may be at high pressure). If fuel does not shoot out after a little cranking your injection pump may be seized.

Ike

dmatk315

I think you are talking about the hand prime pump for the injection pump, you need to loosen the fitting going into the injector and crank until fuel spurts out (warning put a rag around it as it may be at high pressure). If fuel does not shoot out after a little cranking your injection pump may be seized.

Ike
Some of the fuel line fittings were loose. Tighten everything up and it fired up right away. Shot out a bunch of sunflower seeds from the exhaust...guessing someone wasn't very happy when they were draining the thing, thanks for the help Ike!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks