• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP802 Short

Denvercaitland

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So the next step is to remove the wires on the other side of K1, tape them off and try again. That way you know if its in the K1. Or take the K1 out and take it apart. Could be full of water. Could have a an internal problem. If the K1 is good, then its trace the wires back to the S8. . Look for a place its shorted out. If no wire problems, I would remove the S8 and test it IAW the TM. Something else you could do is pull the end cover off the main gen, look inside, for burn marks or damage. And then test the main gen IAW the TM. Less work then taking the S8 out. My gut feeling is S8. BUT, you have got to insure that no wires are damaged and shorting out to one another or the frame.
"pull the end cover off the main gen, look inside, for burn marks or damage"

This is what a damaged stator would look like.

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
Once I went to Frankfurt to help repair a gen set. Took 5 hours to get there. The set had "No power output" on the help request. When I got there, we talked a while about what they had done and checked. Total mystery for them. The guys worked for a defense contractor, DS2. They had changed every part of the Volt regulation system, and stuff that that had no relationship to it. I got out my multi meter, and went over the the 30 KW. Opened the doors and started to just "LOOK". Get a feel for the set. I got out my flashlight, and started poking around. Under the main gen, where the screen/belt that goes around to keep things from entering the main gen cooler fan, I saw something shinny. Looked a little closer, and it was an impressive pile of tiny little pieces of ground up wire. The main gen had eaten itself up, and spit out the left overs. I guess what I am trying to say is, always look at everything. Some failures are so strange, that we tend to look right past them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks