• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP802 temp sensor?

bander02

My MEP802 will start for just a second and then shut off. I think the wires to the coolant temp sensor are no longer connected and that may be causing the problem. The red overheat light flashes right as it is shutting off. Does anyone know which wires numbers go to the sensor in the picture that has no wires connected? It has places for 2 wires to connect. Wires are getting a little brittle and the mice are not helping. Trying to get it back on line so I can run window unit air conditioner. It is more than a little bit warm in the cabin/barn in late July. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TMs (and respective wiring diagrams) will set you free. The coolant overtemp switch is HT (see chart):

item names.png

Further in the TM diagram:
HT.png

The wires involved are 115J (which comes from TB4, 14th position) and 141A (P7, 11th position). TB4 and P7 are also called out in the TMs if you need further chasing.

bander02

I had the Fold Out FO-2 printed out but on legal paper so my old eyes or old brain did not find the HT. I see it now right there on the bottom of page 4. Thanks for the replies. Hopefully I'll have her back up and running the AC in short order. Will reply again and let you know the status. Have a good one.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In an emergency, you can completely bypass the safety system. I don't recommend doing this unless you have to, but if need be:

Turn the machine to Prime + Run, and hold in the fault light button so all stay lit. Keep holding, and crank the machine over until it runs (while still holding that button in).

With the machine running normally, and while still holding the fault button, flip up the battle short, and you can stop pressing the fault light. It should run, but be aware that your normal safety stops have been disabled.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks