• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep802a Injection Pump cleaning

Gfreel123

I pulled out both injection pumps to help solve fuel delivery issue. One pump I could blow compressed air into and out of all three hole (bottom with plunger removed, top where fuel comes out, and side where fuel goes on) the other pump would only let me blow air from bottom and fuel side input. No air was going in or out of top where fuel comes out. Which one is working right? Gen starts and runs, but bogs under load. The one that air goes through every hole will also blow fuel out when attached without fuel line to injector connected. The other one barely seeps fuel out the top. Also, what is best way to take out top screw, I had pump out and put in vise but couldn't loosen the top part to open it up? I understand there is a check valve and spring inside this area. Gen has about 1100 hours.

Gfreel123

Submerge the pumps in a can of carb cleaner for a few days, and they articulate by hand and clean with compressed air. You may find the problem has resolved itself.
So I assume the one that airstream blows through is working correctly? I can pull the plunger out of both and the plunger moves freely in both. What is holding the air - the check valve stuck?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Liquid (or air) should only escape up and through the top of the metering pump when its compressed... air/liquid passing through under any other scenario is not working right.