• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP803A amperage draw

vrodbrad

Good morning all. New to forum and have a question. Have a MEP803A GENERATOR. WHEN THE POWER IS SUPPLIED TO THE FREEZER I HAVE IT CONNECTED UP TO AND THE FREEZER KICKS ON THE AMPERAGE DRAW NEEDLE DROPS ALL THE WAY PAST ZERO. I AM WONDERING WHAT IS CAUSING IT TO DO THIS. CURRENT SET UP IS AS FOLLOWS

TERMINALS L1 AND L3 AND NUETRAL. SWITCHES ARE IN CORRECT POSITION. FREEZER IS A 220 WALK IN FREEZER

ALSO I NEED TO GET THE EXHUAST GASKET THAT GOES FROM MANIFOLD TO EXHUAST. PART NUMBER THAT I CAN GET FROM NAPA WOULD BE AWSOME.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ANY HELP

BRAD

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The gaskets are available on the big auction site. Just search for "5330-01-390-5185 "
They do need the bolt holes modified slightly to fit.

When the freezer kicks on does the 803's contactor drop out or does the freezer start & run?

vrodbrad

Good morning all. Thanks for the links. As for the amperage draw th freezer starts up fine and runs fine like it should just needle on generator amperage draw needle goes from zero and drops below past zero all the way to the left.

vrodbrad

The freezer is only thing hooked up to that generator so not sure about other loads. I have another 803a hooked up to another walk in freezer same exact way and the amperage draw works like it is suppose to

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd suspect the meter is bad.
The meter is an AC ammeter. It's full scale deflection (133%) occurs when 1.0 amps AC is flowing thru it.
The meter is connected in series with one of the burden resistors in the Load monitoring circuitry for K8.

If you can you may want to swap meters between the two generators and see if the problem follows the meter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks