• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP803a Battery Charging Issue

Johncar48

Yes Sir, the battery closest to the charge alternator went bad and so did the alternator but other battery was fine so only had to replace one. They’re less than a year old.

Johncar48

Yes Sir, the battery closest to the charge alternator went bad and so did the alternator but other battery was fine so only had to replace one. They’re less than a year old.
I am curious though. The battery closest to the recharge alternator reads 12.7 volts while the other reads 14.8. Is this normal?

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am curious though. The battery closest to the recharge alternator reads 12.7 volts while the other reads 14.8. Is this normal?
It reads 12.7v and 14.8v when charging?

Yes, that is possible if the batteries are out of balance. (Different states of charge) It's also potentially damaging to the batteries because the alternator's regulator only understands that it needs to output 28.8V, and if one batt has a low state of charge and is sitting at 12.7V, the other will be at 16.1V. Too much voltage for a single batt.

Best to charge the batts individually using a 12v charger to get them to the same SoC. This is why batts should be replaced in sets.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks