• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep803a fuel tank leaks

Sub-arc

Yep mine leaks when just over half full. I'm suspecting the seam on the front side, I can't visually see it with the panel off. I've attempted to remove the tank but that job looks it will have to wait until next spring. So I adjusted the upper float on the fuel level unit to just below half, hoping that when I use the auxiliary fuel supply system, all goes well. Has anyone else seen a similar fuel leak?

Jeepadict

While you're at it....

Since you have the tank out, would be an ideal time to install new wellnuts. Do a quick site search for "ultimate well nut repair"...it's a marine grade bulkhead fitting that's far superior to the leak-prone OE fittings.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Ray70

If you can locate the leak, you can fix it yourself with Permatex plastic tank repair epoxy.
Should be in the aisle with the silicone and other sealants at parts store.
Make sure it's the one for plastic tanks and plastic radiator tanks.
Comes with 2 packets of a black epoxy specially formulated to stick to many types of plastics.
Follow directions, clean it good, scuff sand the area, clean it 100 more times and apply the epoxy. try to orient the tank so that it will run into the crack instead of running away from it.

Sub-arc

If you can locate the leak, you can fix it yourself with Permatex plastic tank repair epoxy.
Should be in the aisle with the silicone and other sealants at parts store.
Make sure it's the one for plastic tanks and plastic radiator tanks.
Comes with 2 packets of a black epoxy specially formulated to stick to many types of plastics.
Follow directions, clean it good, scuff sand the area, clean it 100 more times and apply the epoxy. try to orient the tank so that it will run into the crack instead of running away from it.
Thanks Ray, I've worked on plenty of steel tanks,but never any plastic. I'll look into the permatex, and plenty of time this winter (Lord willing) to contemplate the job :)

Sub-arc

I just broke up an 803 for parts, if you are interested in a replacement tank. Just send me a private message if you want to discuss further.
I'm good right now with my temporary repairs, but I sure appreciate you keeping me in mind. If my tank turns out to be not repairable then I'll get back with you in the spring to see if you still have it. Best regards, Andy

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes machines are just needed for parts, and no other reason. The engine and genhead went to another SS user... I've used up a number of the panels repairing other machines, and I've got a whole range of control cube components now on the shelf to be tested for future use.

Jeepadict

This is awesome given the availability of things. Are you going to make anything available? I'm in the process of bringing an 802 back to life presently.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks