• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP803A ISSUE

WILOMEP1997

OK, I have a 1997 MEP803A Generator. The problem I have is that it turns on well, after I turn it off if I want to use it again, it does not want to turn it on. What could be the problem?

Ray70

Can you give us more details as far as exactly what is happening when you attempt to start it? Also give us indications as to how long it has to sit before if becomes inoperative.
Also by "turn on" I assume you mean the starting of the engine and not activation of the circuit interruptor?

Guyfang

Staff member
We need a bit more info.
Is the set new to you?
Have you ever seen it run right?
Have you downloaded the TM?
Have you at least read the operators TM?

What do you mean by "It does not want to turn on"? It will not crank over? It turns over but will not start? It will try to start, but just can not get over the hump? It turns over but the fuel cut off Solenoid will not move?

WILOMEP1997

We need a bit more info.
Is the set new to you?

What do you mean by "It does not want to turn on"? It will not crank over? It turns over but will not start? It will try to start, but just can not get over the hump? It turns over but the fuel cut off Solenoid will not move?
Well, when I go to use the Generator I turn it on and use it, everything works fine. But when I finish using it and later I need to use it again that same day I try to start it and it doesn't want to turn on.

Ray70

So on your 2nd attempt to use the machine will it crank over normally but will not start up?
Or does it not even turn over at all?
Also, are you saying it will eventually start back up if you wait a day or more before trying to restart it?

WILOMEP1997

We need a bit more info.
Is the set new to you?

Well, when I go to use the Generator I turn it on and use it, everything works fine. But when I finish using it and later I need to use it again that same day I try to start it and it doesn't want to turn on.

WILOMEP1997

So on your 2nd attempt to use the machine will it crank over normally but will not start up?
Also, are you saying it will eventually start back up if you wait a day or more before trying to restart it?
So on your 2nd attempt to use the machine will it crank over normally but will not start up. *****

Chainbreaker

What gender are you? The way you phrase your questions & responses you sound a lot like my wife!

Regardless of gender, it would really help if you read and understand the questions you are being asked and answer appropriately so you will get the best and most expedient help from members here.

WILOMEP1997

What gender are you? The way you phrase your questions & responses you sound a lot like my wife!

Regardless of gender, it would really help if you read and understand the questions you are being asked and answer appropriately so you will get the best and most expedient help from members here.

I understand, but I don't have much experience. I would just like to help me get my Set to work. I will analyze how to explain that they can understand me. Thank you!!!

Zed254

If language is the problem try google translate: https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=es&tl=en
It works both ways: ES to EN, EN to ES.

The guys need details regarding your experience level, your machine's history, how long you've owned it, if you are following the TM when starting it up....

Los muchachos necesitan detalles sobre su nivel de experiencia, el historial de su máquina, cuánto tiempo la posee, si está siguiendo la TM al iniciarla ...

WILOMEP1997

Well I don't have much experience, My Set is a MEP-803A from 1997, It has 385 hours of use, I bought it in January 2018. I did not follow the TM to start it.

Guyfang

Staff member
We need a bit more info.
Is the set new to you?

Now, Click on "REPLY".
Open up the conversation and write an answer next to each question. This info helps us figure out where to start looking.

Dieselmeister

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a WAG here, based on the symptoms. On the first start, the oil is thick and builds up enough pressure to run the engine at 18oo rpm. When it's hot, the oil viscosity is too low, and at cranking speed, cannot build up enough pressure to get the engine to run, and trips on low oil presure. I wonder if he is getting any trouble lights, or holding the switch long enough for the speed and pressure to come up? Like Guy said, more info required.

jamawieb

Just a WAG here, based on the symptoms. On the first start, the oil is thick and builds up enough pressure to run the engine at 18oo rpm. When it's hot, the oil viscosity is too low, and at cranking speed, cannot build up enough pressure to get the engine to run, and trips on low oil presure. I wonder if he is getting any trouble lights, or holding the switch long enough for the speed and pressure to come up? Like Guy said, more info required.
This makes a lot of sense because he doesn't have a lot of experience with with the unit. So if he just releases the start switch as soon as it fires, its going to shut down due to low oil pressure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks