• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP803a no crank

therealjm

Hi new member and first post here. But I’m usually here reading threads for other equipments.

MEP803 Generator will start when jumped from K2 using a jumper wire, it cranks at the dead crank but will not start. I will not crank at the master switch (S1). Also already swapped s1 switch

just wanted to get some tips.

working on a mep803a with no crank with 556 hours.

I went through the whole troubleshooting steps for no crank in the tm and all test points checked out good. still no luck. Tested ever single wire end to end from the relays(k12, k15, k16, k18, k19, k20) dead crank switch k2 relay and they all tested good. (Ohmed/continuity checked okay). I have swapped all the relays and from another generator (same model) and still no luck.

Fuel and oil level is good. CB1 and FU1 is good.
Other issue is that panel light is in-op.

Is there something I missed? if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

jamawieb

Sounds like the master switch. Have you taken readings when moving the switch to prime and then start to see if its working? If its a fault then you can push/hold the reset button in the front then try to crank. If it starts, keep holding the reset switch and hit battle switch on. Should stay running

therealjm

Are the panel light bulbs good?
Is the Emergency Stop button pulled out?
Does the fuel pump run with S1 in Prime/Run?
Is the Dead Crank switch in Normal?
Yes Emergency Stop is pulled. Dead crank in normal, and fuel pump run. I should’ve added that. Sorry.

the only way it would start is when I use a jump wire to jump it from x1 and a1 at the k2 relay.

therealjm

Have someone help you. They hold the S1 in the start position. you measure from ground to S1-3. Got 24VDC? Still holding the S1 in the up position? Measure from ground to S1-7. Got 24 VDC?
Thanks guys, I have found the problem after reading here more. The s1 switch was missing the jumper that connects 8 and 4 together.
I connected a jumper wire in between and it fired right up!
Aloha.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks