• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP803A vs MEP804A

Lmtv772

Banned
I didn't know there are such big differences between them. Like the 803 can be wired to 2 phase whilst the 804 is supposed to run on 3 phase. The trailer is a lot bigger and doesn't have a rolling landing gear. Will I damage the 804 if I run it on 2 phase for a period of time? I don't want to do this rewiring thing as I want to be able to use it on 3 phase, too

robertsears1

The MEP 804A in stock form is only made to produce three phase power. This does not mean that single phase is not available. TM 9-6115-643-10 shows in Table 1 on pg 0005-4 how to do it. I remember reading somewhere in a TM about the 804A where it also talks about getting single phase power out to be sure and balance the loads on the diferent phases to avoid damage. This is different than the threads that describe how to modify the reconnection board to get single phase power. In the 120/208 reconnection board setting, 120 v single phase power is available L1, L2, or L3 to L0. 208v is available L1-L2, etc. If you need 240v, the reconnection board setting must be changed to 240/416. Then, 240v is L1-L0, etc. If you do this too hard on one phase, without balancing the load on other phases, damage to the gen head may result according to the TM.

Robert

Last edited:

cuad4u

First I do not have a 804A but I have refurbished around 32 002A and 003A generators. From what I understand, read, and have been told when using the 804A in single phase it will not provide any more power than a MEP 003A in single phase.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks