• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP804a Under Voltage Shut Off?

Guyfang

Staff member
Something else to consider. If it starts to happen again, then it could be something in the fuel tank. Something floating around. When the set is running, it might take a while for the trash to be sucked up into the fuel tube. And a little bit longer for the engine to run dry. But on restart, it will start and run. Why? Because the trash has fallen back into the tank. And it might take a while to start the cycle again. So if you notice this again, you might need to drain the tank. Filter the fuel and pour it back in the tank. AND it can still happen again, if the trash did not come out when you drained the tank.

87cr250r

If it is a water separating filter they can clog with water so they may not appear dirty.

You can't see water in a tank from the top. You have to take a sample and view it from the side or bottom. They also make water indicating paste you can put on the end of a stick and send that to the bottom of the tank.

Water Finder Paste,

natethefkngreat

I’m sure it all plays a part.. I’m not too proud to say I have let the generator run until it’s out of fuel on more than one occasion..

My friend gives me free diesel and I do my best to not suck up the bottom of the barrel when I get it.. Most times it’s pretty clean fuel but I can totally see it sucking up whatever rubbish was in the tank.. I had the tank drained twice both times not on purpose.. But that bung plug was old the first time and second time it was kicked on accident..

Evvy Fesler

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m sure it all plays a part.. I’m not too proud to say I have let the generator run until it’s out of fuel on more than one occasion..

My friend gives me free diesel and I do my best to not suck up the bottom of the barrel when I get it.. Most times it’s pretty clean fuel but I can totally see it sucking up whatever rubbish was in the tank.. I had the tank drained twice both times not on purpose.. But that bung plug was old the first time and second time it was kicked on accident..
It sounds like you know you’ll have fuel problems going forward. My grandpa used to say about fuel filters. They got a gozinta and a comzouta. Sorta like clogged arteries. Don’t count on that filter to have trapped everything. Clogged injectors are a PITA.

Best of luck with everything,

Evvy-

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks