• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mercedes 1017 trailer lights output question

Poccur

I am helping out some friends with the Chilean military and they have up-armoured HMMWVs and Mercedes 1017 vehicles. My trailers have the standard NATO 12 pin connector on and run fine on the HMMWVs...When I put them on the Mercedes the running lights work, the turn signals work but no brake lights. If I read from the back of the connector on the 1017 when they hit the air-brakes pin N goes to 24V...this does not fit with the normal pin-out for this NATO standard connector.
Has anyone come across a similar variation in the pin-outs for the trailer lights on a 1017? Does anyone have a circuit diagram they can share please?

Only solution I can think is to make an adapter cable so the pin N energizes pins B and J on the trailer, leave the other pins as they are...then the 1017 works with the trailer and they can take off the adapter cable for use with the HMMWV.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Regards
Poccur

Poccur

Have an update. Looked at the Merc 1017 and the Uni Mog today...both of them use B and J as turn signals and only pin N for brakes.
I checked pin M but nothing....

I am building and Xclusive-OR gate network with relays and diodes to combine the turn signals and brakes from the Merc for use with a HMMWV trailer..

Poccur

OK...here is what i have so far. Plan is to add the adapter cable between the existing trailer light harness and the Mercedes vehicle output.Traile Lights Wiring.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks