• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Met an interesting veteran of Korean and Vietnam wars

pa.rich

I had a veteran call today about my M211 for sale in a local paper. We got to talking and it turns out he has been collecting military items, vehicles, aircraft, everything and anything. He would like to dedicate thecollection in his brother's name who was killed in action. Corporal David Leonard.It always amazes me that when you put a number of items up for sale, the neat people you can meet. This man really wants to set up a museum for his collection. He lives in NewYork area, along 17. He is blind from shrapnel to the eyes. Can see very little with a magnifying glass. I thanked him for his service. I would say I was impressed with his desire to honor soldiers with this collection. I wish he would have a nice building to call his museum for all the militaria items he has.He has been contacting some museums to see if there is interest.Time will tell.Any ideas to help him with his mission?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks