• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Michigan, Motor Muster HenryFord / Greenfield Village

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Arsenal of Democracy MotorPool MVPA will be at Greenfield Village this weekend. This is another of the events that I had hoped to attend this year.
While pre registration was required to have your MV involved, the event as a spectator will still be amazing.

Someone better post afteraction pics on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The June 18, 19, 20, 2011: Motor Muster *
* at Greenfield Village *

Dearborn, Michigan
All vehicle owners and reenactors must register with the village. If you're a first timer you will have to use their website, if returning you will be mailed a registration. Tactical on Friday night, fire and maneuver battles on Saturday and Sunday. Open to all, Henry Ford is our host for the weekend, Village and Museum admission included. See
www.thehenryford.org

paradeduty

We were there on Sunday - have taken our '68 Eldorado there a few years ago. The black and gold plymouth wagon belongs to a friend of mine. He'll get a kick out of this. For anyone who hasn't gone to it - it is a great show. The show is both Saturday and Sunday (always Father's Day weekend) and the admission includes entry to the museum as well (worth it by itself). There is folks walking around in period attire, you can get a ride on a real passenger train within the complex, or a paddle boat ride, or even get a ride on a fleet of restored Model A's I think (Sorry, my friends are going to kill me - I always get T's and A's mixed up). There is a restored antique carousel to ride. I missed it but I guess they had quite the military reenactment on Saturday (my nephews got to catch it - I had to work). Part of the place is a functioning farm from generations past. All around you is endless pieces of history. And the car show in the middle. I havn't had the chance to participate with a military vehicle yet, but I guess they treat the MV guys very well. The parade has to be a blast! I know some of the guys with the jeeps and cycles and they come back every year. Just food for thought. Take Care, Dave.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks