• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Midwest Fuel Injection.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anybody ordered anything from this company before? I bought a rebuilt IP and injectors for my 86 1028, and as soon as I turned the engine over fuel was coming out of the throttle linkasge on the drivers side. When you are cranking the engine it is almost a stready stream. I followed the TM on replacement, but is there anything else that I might have not done to cause this? I doent want to call them tommorrow and explode if it is my fault. Hell it only took me 3 1/2 hours to get right back where I started from :x :x :x . Thanks for the help.
Matt

oops here is the link. http://www.mwfi.com/dieselPage/gm_62. htm.htm

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
FWIW I bought my replacement IP from Oregon Fuel Injection, no problems with it or getting credit for my core. My core was doing the same thing as yours before I replaced it. You may be able to replace the seal without removing the pump, but I would be Pi ssed if I had bought a "rebuilt" pump and it leaked right out of the box.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They said they ran it for an hour on there bench to calibrate it and it did not leak. This seems hard to believe since it probably would have leaked 2 to 3 gallons in an hour. But they said there would be anotherone sent tommorrow. I am going to be really good at changing IPs here shortly.

littlebob

Most rebuild companies have what is considered an acceptable failure rate. If they are really into Quality control they failure rate will be much lower and the price will be higher accordingly.I don't know anything about your supplier, but I try and save as much as I can on hard parts, but rebuilt I would research and look for recommedations from others.
Good Luck!
littlebob

Somemedic

Although it was pricey my IP was rebuilt by Magera Diesel Inc out of Crown Point. I wasnt happy about the price but MY GOD is it a different truck... a lot quicker, idles smoother, no motor valley leak. I didnt do the install but all seems well so far.

JohnFire

Matt how have they been to deal with other than the leaky pump. I am looking at them for injectors, and thought about the pump for later on.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
John, thursday afternoon they said they would be sending one out friday. I need to call them on monday to see if it shiped and how. Aside from the bench test line they have been pretty courtous on the phone. With my luck this is the first bad pump they've sent out. Only time will tell.

Matt

JohnFire

Ok thanks Matt, cause they seem like the most reasonable prices for the injectors and the pump, though I am only doing the injectors first. The pump will come later.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks