• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

might be selling 1008

weldergonecrazy

Florida truck, fresh from Gl auction. Just received title. New belts, hoses, fuel filter, oil change, tranny fluid, B&M Transpak shift kit, and B&M cast aluminum deep sump tranny pan. I am getting clost to finishing the WVO conversion for the truck, 30 gal custom aluminum aux fuel tank, and heat exchanger. The truck is almost rust free, with the exception of the passenger side inner fender (for which I have a new part). I bought the truck with the intention of converting it to run on WVO and drive it daily to work, but the lack of top speed is quite a hassle. I was thinking of putting hummer rims and tires on it with a 4" lift to gain a couple MPH, but I'm not sure if that will be enough. lack of AC here in Florida in the summer time is not exactly fun either (maybe I'm getting spoiled). right now, I'm just fishing to see if anyone might be interrested, if so let me know.

weldergonecrazy@yahoo.com
(352)267-4592
jason

Attachments

weldergonecrazy

I guess I'd ask $4000, but I'm open to offers. I may still try and run a set of 36's on it if I can find a set locally. I looked at buying and shipping a set, but the shipping is pretty expensive (my wife even works for a freight forwarding company, so I can get the shipping for cost). And no, I just took the cargo cover off of it.

AJMBLAZER

Check Ebay. I forget who but there's a guy that sells the 36x12.5-16.5 bias plies for stupid cheap, like $250 for a set of four new. Shipping wasn't bad and I was contemplating using him for replacements before I went with my Michelins. Those, some 16.5x7 or 16.5 OEM GM wheels, a very small amount of trimming, and a longer driver's side steering stop and you're in business.
My M1008 was configured like that when I bought it.

bruno_rs

weldergonecrazy said:
Florida truck, fresh from Gl auction. Just received title. New belts, hoses, fuel filter, oil change, tranny fluid, B&M Transpak shift kit, and B&M cast aluminum deep sump tranny pan. I am getting clost to finishing the WVO conversion for the truck, 30 gal custom aluminum aux fuel tank, and heat exchanger. The truck is almost rust free, with the exception of the passenger side inner fender (for which I have a new part). I bought the truck with the intention of converting it to run on WVO and drive it daily to work, but the lack of top speed is quite a hassle. I was thinking of putting hummer rims and tires on it with a 4" lift to gain a couple MPH, but I'm not sure if that will be enough. lack of AC here in Florida in the summer time is not exactly fun either (maybe I'm getting spoiled). right now, I'm just fishing to see if anyone might be interrested, if so let me know.

weldergonecrazy@yahoo.com
(352)267-4592
jason
hey weldergonecrazy, nice truck! i have a 1008 and 1009 and would like to install a wvo system on both. can you go thru what you had to do, where you got the parts and what it set you back? any info will be greatly appreciated. thanks, good luck in selling it but i'm sure it will go as quickly as you'd like it to. looking forward to your reply. have a good one.

aboonski

RE: Re: might be selling 1008

Good Luck selling your truck Weldergonecrazy! I saw the ad on Ebay today but have not checked to see if any bids came in. You might also try listing it on Craig's List because it gets pretty good circulation - people from all over the U.S. read ads from different locations. I sold a Toyota RV the other day thanks to Craig's List. A guy from Daytona bought it and drove the thing home! I did list my Deuce on Craig's List just to see if I would get any hits and about three people came by to look at it. You can also do a little something on YouTube and cross reference the video in your ads so that people can see and hear your truck in action. You know what they always say - "Action speaks louder than words!". Keep in touch! You are only 45 minutes from where I live.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks