• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Public Address System at GA Rally

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I recently purchased two military public address systems from GL OKC.
I have got them home and the other day I opened one of them.
It had never been used!!!!!
Everything was still in the original wrappers to include mikes, cords, stands, speakers, etc.
It has a turntable for 33 and 78 rpm records but no radio.
If anybody has any military music records, marches, bugel calls. pomp and circumstance music, etc., and are attending the rally....please bring them.
The intent is not to have full time background music but to be able to sound a few calls at appropriate times (mess call, revelee, taps).
I have all of this on CD's but no way to plug into the old school system yet (and no time to do it before the rally).
Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a score! cool! I hope someone can find something to play on it, for the rally!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, hooking up to it with your CD is easy as pie...if there is a "Radio Trash" store around within driving distance you can be hooked up and ready to go in no time....

Always remember the new "Radio Shack" motto....if you've got questions, we've got dumb looks!!!!!!!!!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I agree hndersonj:evil:
If revelee is sounded once...TAPS will immediately be sounded for the "Bugle Boy of Company "C" that plays it!!!:roll:

Oh yeh WM...I ain't gonna fall in for PT Formation neither:-x

gunboy1656

Just to let you know, I have an old military movie projector I would be willing to sell to go along with the pa system...make you own MASH recreation...if someone wants to pick it up, since I cant afford to go.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You do revelee we're going to have issues.:roll:
Hey...revelee is my favorite...."Drop you c**ks and grab you socks....off your backs and outta those racks......YOU BETTER MOVE SOLDIERS".

I agree hndersonj:evil:
If revelee is sounded once...TAPS will immediately be sounded for the "Bugle Boy of Company "C" that plays it!!!:roll:

Oh yeh WM...I ain't gonna fall in for PT Formation neither:mad:
Shame, shame PB.......I can excuse the Navy...but an old grunt not loving revelee......and we can tell you pass on PT by the old spare tire you carry aroundroflrofl

What inputs does it use? xlr, 1/4 inch, rca?
It uses the big jacks like you would see on an old switchboard.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Big jacks are the 1/4" phono plugs.

If stereo input then plug this into your pa system input with the volume down

1/8" Stereo Jack to 1/4" Stereo Plug Headphone Adapter
$4.99 Catalog# 274-367
1/8" Stereo Jack to 1/4" Stereo Plug Headphone Adapter - RadioShack.com

and plug this into the previous jack and into your CD/mp3 player's AUX out or headphone jack.

6-Ft. Shielded Cable, 1/8" Stereo Plug to 1/8" Stereo Plug
$7.48 Catalog# 42-2387
6-Ft. Shielded Cable, 1/8" Stereo Plug to 1/8" Stereo Plug - RadioShack.com

Then adjust volumes accordingly.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the cable here at the house I can bring along, but the first adapter I do NOT have....and the only Radio Shack I am passing near will be closed when I go by it....if someone else can bring the adapter, I'll bring the cable.

WM....bring your cd, and a player, we'll get you hooked up.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll look to see if I have any adapters in the junk electronics box.

Looked up the weather reports for Union Point, GA and posted the results in the Official Thread. Synopsis - good tempratures with some chance of rain on Friday and Saturday. See the Official GA Rally thread for details!

I recently purchased two military public address systems from GL OKC.
I have got them home and the other day I opened one of them.
It had never been used!!!!!
Everything was still in the original wrappers to include mikes, cords, stands, speakers, etc.
It has a turntable for 33 and 78 rpm records but no radio.
If anybody has any military music records, marches, bugel calls. pomp and circumstance music, etc., and are attending the rally....please bring them.
The intent is not to have full time background music but to be able to sound a few calls at appropriate times (mess call, revelee, taps).
I have all of this on CD's but no way to plug into the old school system yet (and no time to do it before the rally).
Any help in this matter would be appreciated.
We had a couple old public address systems when I was with the 82nd Band. It was circa 1950's had never been used used and I swear the nomenclature was AN/TIQ 1 no joke. They were some heavy suckers to. I think they still have it sitting in a storage area upstairs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks