• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military radio and mil-radio truck meet in No.VA 6/24-6/25

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A friend of mine and I are both military vehicle fanatics and also ham radio operators in the No. Virginia area. Ham radio enthusiasts, once a year, the last weekend of June, have the ARRL Field Day, where those who can bring their portable radios out into the field and get them on the air. Some hams have competitions, some just set up to talk on the air and BS with like minded people. Since my buddy and I are green radio fanatics and mil vehicle freaks, we are having a field day that is of a military nature - that is, all mil radios and accessories.

We would like to extend an invitation to anyone in the DC metro area who are ham radio operators that are also military vehicle people, who would like to get together, at no cost other than you getting to the field day site in Warren County, VA, on the last weekend of June, to set up your gensets and radios (or in the case of MV owners, their radio trucks) and having a weekend on the air with their green radio stuff. Date would be June 24-25, 2006, BYOB, BYOF (food), BYO green stuff, whatever you want. This is going to be a big OD-fest and anyone who'd like to participate is invited.
Please let me know if you'd like to attend, along with your contact info. We'll keep you informed of further developments as planning continues. Thanks,

Mike Davidsen
KI4JSC
1967 Kaiser M725 ambulance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks