• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Vehicles and WWII Veteransneeded for Atlanta Veteran's Day Parade Nov. 8, 14

IroncladGA

I have been asked to secure vehicle volunteers for the Atlanta Veteran's Day Parade November 8, 2014. The focus of the parade this year is saluting WWII veterans, and we are trying to have at least 2 WWII Veteran's from each service to ride in the parade. Ideally, we would love to have WWII era vehicles, and preferable vehicles that are accessible to our older veteran's with limited mobility (best case scenario is probably a jeep), but please don't let that stop you from volunteering your WWII vehicle.

While WWII vehicles are the focus, we are anxious for military vehicles of all vintages and origins for static and/or dynamic displays. I will be there with my M998. If you would like to drive your vehicle in the parade or park it as a static, please PM me or reply to this thread.

Finally, while not explicitly my responsibility, I am assisting with identifying WWII veterans for the parade. We currently do not have any WWII veterans from the Coast Guard represented. If you know of any WWII CG veterans that you would like to nominate and that would be interested in having their service honored as part of the parade, please PM (and PM only) with your name and contact info and the name and contact info of the veteran. We have met the quota for other service branches, and I have not been asked to seek additional veterans, but we may need alternates for the other branches. If you would like to nominate a friend or relative from another service branch, please feel free to PM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks