• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mirror arms

rdixiemiller

Hmm, I may want to go with that style mirror. My West Coast mirrors vibrate like mad at most any speed. I see blurs at anything over about 30 mph.
I guess it is time to start hunting.......

sermis

I really like the mirrors. I have the brace from the head to the lower hinge on the passenger side. No brace on the driver’s side. I think the passenger side vibrates more than the driver’s side. Both together vibrate less than the West Coast style I have seen.

67Beast

Here is a pic with some 1st generation mirrors on one. I can't imagine you could see much in them. Try backing that 109 up with those tiny mirrors on it. :shock:

That's my father at Ft. Bragg fall of 62' before they shipped to the Florida Keys to monitor Cuba during the missile crissis.

SierraHotel

Anybody got a mirror elbow for the (some call third type) type that comes off the heavy steel arm connected to the window hinge? My Deuce had a bolt broken off in it when I got it. Now it has a broken off hardened steel “Easyout” stuck in the bolt (yet more experience). I don’t think any of it is coming apart in the near future…

littlebob

I also bought two new heads from Saturn and I'm missing one of the elbows. I still have a lot of work before I get to the mirrors, but if any one has an extra one I'd appreciate it. I'll buy one or make one when I get that far, just don't throw away something I could use.

littlebob

JDToumanian

I'd like to find a set of the 1st style (single arm) for my V-18A/MTQ... right now it has civilian west coast mirrors on it that are beat up, but it still has the mount for the old single arm that holds the small round mirror head. Anyone have a good set they would like to sell?

Regards,
Jon