• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Missing SF97 form on truck.

zachtenn

I hadn't found a SF question related to my direct issue so maybe you all have knowledge.

A truck I'm looking at the owner states he has no title, and doesn't believe there ever was one. I asked and he also states he has no sf97. The truck was supposedly previously owned by a fire department.

If I was to buy, it is it possible for me to get a paper to properly register it? Tennessee will take the sf as a form to get it titled, but I also don't want to buy this truck if it is possibly been stolen.

Vehicles I purchase I make sure to get a Bill of Sale and picture of License. Can get the Bill of Sale notarized if necessary.

My gut is telling me to skip this truck, because of the paper work issues but I don't have enough knowledge of this subject to make a good decision. It's a good price for its condition and that's why I'm looking at it.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If it is in Tennessee he only needs to sell it to you with a notarized bill of sale. You then need a picture of his license, the vin plate on the truck and a picture of the truck and go to your County clerk's office

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks