• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mixing rustoleum colors to match 383 carc green

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anybody have a formula on what colors and quantity to mix rustoleum paint together to get the green our trucks are? I'm looking to just paint frame and axles for now.

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
download_20161013_141144.jpgDeep forest green looks good, but it isn't a match.

The picture is an M105A2 with 2014 CARC on it. The welder is fresh deepnforest green .

Behr housepaint may get you closer to 383 green.

Maybe someone else will chime in with more and better info..

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've not found a rustoleum green that is close, the camo brown and camo black are great though. I've been using the gillespie carc 383 substitute and will be playing with the Behr paint soon so check into those instead.

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If seen on the internet where people mix 2 cans of gloss dark hunter green to 1 can of the brown rusty primer. Makes what they are calling an OD green. But od green isn't 383 green.

Last edited:

plym49

Here is an equivalency formula for Olive Drab - 987A - Federal Std# 34087

Home Depot - Base = BEHR Premium Plus EXT Flat(PPESF) Deep Base (4300)

Colorant........... OZ... 48... 96
B-Lamp Black..... 3...... 9.... 0
C-Yellow Oxide... 6.... 30... 1
KX-White............ 1.... 16....1
V -Magenta......... 0.... 40... 0

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks