• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT-85 from Ft. Pickett

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took the deuce on a trip to Ft. Pickett, VA to get the Mobile Kitchen Trailer I won in late June. Other than being hot, the 698 mile trip was uneventful (no pictures from the trip, I was busy driving). The outer covers on the trailer are about shot - they will tear if you look at them cross eyed. No burner units, but it's wired for the MBU's, older style roof, no 15 gallon pot, missing one large end screen and two pieces of side canvas. Most everything else is there. But it's dirty, filthy dirty. Set it up by myself (read the TM on how to do it) and have been working on it just about every evening.

Attachments

Wayne

Just for your information, I live/work in Ashland, Va., we refurbish MKT's, 105's and Laundry Units M-85 100/200. We've rufurbished 35 MKts this year. As part of the project we install the MKT Improvment Kits plus the latest style 6 panel tops. I don't know if you're familier with the contents of the kits. The excess material goes to the DRMO in Richmond, Va.
If your looking for items to help you spiff up you unit, maybe you could get in touch with them. We turm in the old style ice chest, the 2" lip grill, a lot of screens and travel covers. plus any of the sand colored accessories.
I got in trouble with 4 Star General the other day because I went fyi on 105's that DRMO had placed on the GL site. Little did I realize at the time that was a no no. I wasn't trying to cause trouble, I was just wanting to clear out my parking space out back. I still have to finish 75 more 105s and 15 more MKTs to finish before the end of the year. I'm not sure how to connect with the Richmond DRMO for the items they have, for all I know they may be putting them on the excess property lists.
I'm originally from SC myself. St. Matthews is where I grew up. I lived there till I was 15 and then we moved to Columbia. So maybe my little bit of info may be of help to you.

CGarbee

I looked over that MKT at Blackstone when I picked up a couple M101's that were in the line next to it. Good to see that it went to a fellow member on here, and that it looked as good inside as it did on the outside.
When I picked up my MKT a while back, it had all the issue gear except the MBU's. It even had the menue from the last meal it served before getting sold...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks