• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mkt-85

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently purchased two mkt-85 trailers, I'm looking for some sort of layout of what equipment should be there and were it goes. I'm sure neither trailers are complete but they sure are full of stuff. I read some where that they come equipped with a 2KW generator, is that correct? I also bought a M35A2 to pull them with, is there any way to "daisy chain" them to pull together,ie, adding a lunnete ring, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

MitchG

If you go up to the resources tab and click on the technical manuals you will find the manuals for the MKT trailers. I think they are about two or three pages in near the bottom of the page. They will give you a wealth of info on these type trailers. Pretty much anything you would need to know about setup, breakdown, issue equipment etc. I have a MKT 90 and will help with any info I can. Mike (SCSG-G4) here on the board is about as knowlegeable as anyone I know about anything MKT!!! Oh and he's a great guy to boot!!!
Welcome to the MKT club!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be advised, daisy chaining these trailers can be deadly. Sway is amplified to an alarming rate at the back trailer. Take a deuce, have GL or better yet, a wrecker company put one in the bed and tow the other one. You may have to dump the air in the tires to get it under 13'6" but its worth it. Use lots of chain and strap to secure it in the bed. It will have to go in backards too! Mike is the MKT encyclopedia.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A 2KW generator is something that would be carried by the pulling vehicle. Since each one weighs about 5500 pounds, trying to pull two of them with one deuce would be suicide, not to mention dangerous. There is no way to hook up the second trailer's air over hydraulic brakes, so it's just a 2.5 ton missile wating to jacknife or worse when you need to stop quickly.

The TM is here on the site in the resources section, and if you send me a thumb drive that will hold about 2GB, I can send you more info than you can shake a stick at on field feeding including almost every relevant TM. PM me for my address.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you just need help moving one I could probably lend a hand with my deuce or were you thinking of pulling both of them to events or disaster situations? How far do you need to transport them?

The Alamo MVPA has a big MV only show at the TX Transportation Museum on 9/11 and having a MKT there would be pretty cool if your EUCs clear in time.

mistaken1

I will be glad to send you all my recipes for possum including, but not limited to:

Possum Pot Pie
Roast Possum with sweet taters
Possum stew
Pan Fried Possum with Sawmill Gravy
BBQ Possum
Breakfast Possum with Grits and Gravy

What about roadkill possum recipes? There has got to be something better than just roasting it over an open flame.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ever notice, everything WM cooks, looks like possum?

Even his cakes!

Attachments

CGarbee

Thanks for everyones help, I don't know about the possum, but I do have a great squirrel recipe though.
You can't be expected to know about possum... But, since armadillo is just possom on the half-shell, you can substitute any of your armadillo recipies if you ever acquire one for supper...