• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT: Mobile Kitchen Trailer - Checklist and Guide

CGarbee

Has anyone used the 2kW generator that comes with the MKT to run it?
I ran my MKT-85 at the Haspin gathering one year off a Harbor Freight 800watt two stroke generator... Remember, all it has to do is provide juice for the MBU air pumps and logic boards (and, in my case, LED lighting...). The heat for cooking is coming from the diesel being burned...

Attachments

Last edited:

CGarbee

Is it worth going back with mbu's or having propane burners put in.
Shea
I really enjoy using mine with the MBU's...
They provide great heat, are easy to troubleshoot, and fuel is easy to find (especially since I can pull from the tank on the XM813...).
On the other hand, I used to enjoy using the earlier gas burners when cooking ribs or such since I didn't have to listen to the things all afternoon... Every now and again, I think about mounting a gas ring on an angle iron tray (homebrew fabrication) so I could slide a propane burner into place as an alternative... The hoses and gas storage wouldn't take up too much space if I only used the setup for the range units one day per outing...

Think about how you are going to use your MKT...

Last edited:

CGarbee

For those of you in the TN, VA, SC, GA, area...
I will have my MKT85 setup at the Denton MV Gathering once again this April at the Denton Farmpark in Denton, NC...
I cook for those who have signed up in advance (part of my deal with the Farmpark Management is that I only feed my "friends".

Stop by, chat about the MKT, eat some food, etc...
Hopefully, SCSG-G4 will on site, along with Art and Ferro and others I have snagged in the past to assist with the unit or who have MKT's of their own...

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please send me any maintenance info you have on the MBU's 4 of my 6 need services. Also need Roof Canopy Rain canvases and Bug Sides if you know of a connection. dwight_stitt@f3TCh.org
If you mean screen sides, I have some. For a complete enclosure you will need two 15 foot long ones for the sides, two 7 foot long ones for the intermediate ends and two five foot long ones for the short ends (one of each on each end. I'm running short on some of the types (I think the smallest ones) but should have some solid walls. Roof canopies are scarcer than hens teeth.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those out West heading to Camp Plymouth in April...I will have mine all set up and will be selling off a bunch of spare parts, MBU's, M59 ovens, vinyl parts tan, including some NOS front travel covers), Cambros, Cambro ice boxes, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks