• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT progress

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a few pics to record the progress of our MKTs. Thanks for everyone who has purchased spare parts from us, and check out the classifieds for some more stuff for sale. A little history, we are a Boy Scout troop, we purchased 2 MKTs without knowing anything about them, we (I, the Scoutmaster) thought we could do some great fundraising with these trailers. I soon found out that there are many more opportunities for these trailers. For the purists out there, while we are modifying one trailer, the other one we are leaving alone and plan to keep it in original condition. Since our trailers did not come with MBUs and the fact that boys as young as 12 will be working at events, we decided to convert to propane. We are removing the M59 field ranges and having a custom BBQ pit built to put in their place. we are having frames built to install propane burners for the stove top and griddles. We have a test run event scheduled for early october (a special olympics fundraiser) hopefully we will have everything ready,I will post pics from that event. Special thanks to SCSG-G4 for your purchase and all the info.

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In img-151 (2nd pic) the large open cabinet is the cooling rack for your cookie sheets and down in the bottom is where the power converter would be bolted in, if you were using MBU's. Your power converter is the latest type which can supply 1000 watts for one or two minutes then drops back to 600 watts. The older type can only supply 600 watts, which means not all MBU's can be started at the same time, especially in cold weather.

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, thats where we pulled the inverter from, that cabinet did look like it was a rack or something. I noticed an electrical plug on the front right hand side of the trailer, it looks like a standard 110 volt plug,what does that go to.

Green_gator

That is great. I expect my MKT to see much more service with my Cub Scout Pack and the troop when my boy crosses over this year. I am running propane on the two stoves that I currently have and will do the same if the MKT has the gas burners. I plan to have it up and ready for Scout use by the end of the year. I will take a look at your spare part listing and see what I may need once I inventory mine. SCSG-G4, we are going to end up needing our own forum / trading post if the members keep buying these things. I am really looking forward to getting this thing home, probably a good thing that I do not have anything more comfortable then a deuce to tow it behind.

rwbrown72

I'm in the club now too! WoooHooo! Can't wait to burn my eyebrows off! :evil:
I will be looking for parts sometime soon. Just gotta go and get the sucker!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The standard outlet should have a wire hanging from it, so you can plug it into an extension cord from a source of regular power (house, RV campsite, or generator) with two GFI sockets and a line running down to the inverter so it can get power. The old MKT's had gasoline lanterns, newer ones have fluorescent lamps that hang from the ceiling and plug into the outlet. Newer MKT's come with a 2kw generator to run the inverter and lights (but usually as a separate line item in the TOE).

CGarbee

The standard outlet should have a wire hanging from it, so you can plug it into an extension cord from a source of regular power (house, RV campsite, or generator) with two GFI sockets and a line running down to the inverter so it can get power.
As an FYI: If the GFI dies, you can power the inverter by running an extension cord directly to the plug on the inverter, but you have to leave the cabinet door open slightly and you loose the GFI protection...

The GFI is a standard unit that can be sourced at any big box home improvement store or at a decent hardware store, etc.

If you plug into the pigtail and get no power to the inverter, try resetting the GFI, if it still doesn't work, try going directly to the inverter. My GFI looked fine, but was not functional...

Enjoy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks