• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MO FMTV guys would you PM me please.

coachgeo

Having conflicts with MO in getting truck title. They have twice lost documents (FL. Title and then Vin inspection report) and are now saying they want to inspect it again (it's at my place in OH) cause they claim it is not designed to US safety standards.

UPDATE: Better yet for now Text Ben. The original seller is meeting with MO officials AGAIN (he now lives in OR) to try to clear this up. four1-76one-fourtyfive97

Last edited:

coachgeo

Who lost the docs, iron or DMV? My local DMV didn't care and once I had the bill of sale was done in 15 minutes.
DMV lost them TWICE. They have done an audit that shows the various documents pass from place to place then apparently disappear into oblivion. Though not required I forced the DMV to Notarize my copy of the Bill of Sale just to be on the safe side.... hopefully that will help avoid there office's of jumping to conclusions of.. "uh huh... sure ... yeah and how do we know you reallllly turned in the paperwork that you say you did.." blah blah blah.

Last edited:

Overdrive

Mine is registered and titled in MO... Use another DMV office or send the paperwork directly to DOR in Jefferson City. I had the Florida title, invoice showing I paid sales tax, insurance, and the saftey inspection report. That is your Vin verification. I was in and out if DMV in 5 minutes. You have to register as a commercial truck.

DMV here in MO is 3rd party and not the sharpest tools in the shed. They initially freaked out about the title from FL, invoice from Colorado by a company in Cali.... save the headache and just send docs registered mail to Jeff city. They do title LMTVs and no issue with short VIN or safety. Truck passes medium duty truck saftey inspection. I got mine inspected at Kour's (spelling) in O'fallon. I just renewed my registration and saftey inspection last week :)

Hope this helps...

OD

Overdrive

Oh, and Make is STST not Stuart & Stevenson from the Iron Planet FL title. If you try DMV ask them to look up that make and maybe it will pull up the truck description ;)

Sorry I havent been around been putting lift, bumpers, and winch on my Jeep.

Last edited:

sargentwolf

Yeah, same. Once the bill of sale arrived, my local office was more then happy to do it. Is it legal for a stl member to do it for you? I can hand deliver it to my local iffice if so.

Which office was it? So we can avoid this shenanigans.

I need to get mine inspected soon, starting to have issues I'm worried about. They good people?

coachgeo

State of MO has all the paperwork..... FL Title, inspection reports, vin inspection, and a bill of sale etc. We turned FL title and Safety inspection report, and did Bill of sale to me in the DMV office so they that have that too. I have notarized copy of Bill of Sale. All that done when we went to the DMV the first time. DMV lost those. Next trip back from OR Ben flew to IL where the truck was after tranny repair and drove it back MO to get the Vin inspection done*. MO office in a phone call had told him that must be done for them to complete paperwork anyway. He offered to Fly to IL/Drive it to MO, to keep the ball rolling. He then drove the rig back to IL where I picked it up again and I drove to where I live in OH. Ben flew eventually back to OR.

Apparently, in the meantime, MO lost the Vin inspection too. Ben's back in MO for holidays and working to get this resolved. He know longer lives in MO but family does. He works in AL and/or out of the country a lot now.

*staff at the shop where tranny was done verified Ben picked it up and brought it back hours later.

Me and Murphy's law are closeaua

Last edited:

Overdrive

Sargentwolf, yea they are good guys at Kour' s. Appointment was a week or so out. $12. They spent about an hour looking over the truck and they let me hang out in the shop with the mechanic. I raised and lowered the cab for them and had a good chat. This was my 2nd inspection at their place. First was initial last year when I bought the truck. They will check the truck for saftey including bleeding air down to check emergency brakes. I had to show them the serial number used as VIN and where the horn switch was.

I use DMV on highway K in O'fallon but it's hit and miss on who you will get. I guess I am confused on what help is being asked for in this thread based on OP response. If I was at the DMV with a fellow SS member they could pull up my Drivers License info on my truck and see I had the same documents since MO does have scanned copies of paperwork.... just sayin'

Last edited:

sargentwolf

At this point, I'd be tempted to say call a congressmen or the like. A single call from someone high up will usually light a fire under their butt and get lost paperwork found FAST.

Overdrive

FYI as a side note Missouri now has permanent tags for trailers. Also I am sending in the form to get the disabled vet plates and registration for free on the LMTV! Commercial plates for 24,000 non local are expensive!

coachgeo

At this point, I'd be tempted to say call a congressmen or the like. A single call from someone high up will usually light a fire under their butt and get lost paperwork found FAST.
I'll mention that to Ben. I can't do a thing cause paperwork has not processed far enough fom my name to show as having any legal connection to the truck.

UPDATE: What the **** I did it anyway. Sent email to both the Gov. and the Senator for area that represents Springfield where we did all the DMV paperwork at.

As for plates...... that is a mute point.. do not need MO plates....... just a title in my name so I can retitle in OH and get plates here.

Last edited:

firefinder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am going through my second round with Missouri Department of Revenue (MO DOR). A year ago, I spent several months and several trips to Jefferson City before I could title an M936A2. This go around I am trying to title some MTV's. The local license bureau and MSHP Motor Vehicle Inspectors have been extremely helpful. MO DOR seems to have different requirements at different times. Multiple phone calls and emails reported that a form MO DOR5062, an invoice and bill of sale (showing purchase price and taxes paid), SF97 and letter of re-assignment would be required for a title. After submitting my application for title and the application package sitting at DOR for several weeks, DOR determined that a MO DOR551 form would also be required. The DOR551 form is an extra $27.50, but supposedly is needed to insure the vehicle meets roadway safety and emissions requirements. Both the DOR5062 and DOR551 require an inspection from MSHP Motor Vehicle Inspectors.

I requested a call from a DOR supervisor and received a call back the other day. The supervisor explained they had several questions about my title application package. The concerns included why the invoice showed taxes from another state, a non-standard VIN and the above safety and emissions issues. I attempted to explain the vehicles were purchased from an on-line auction, in another state and transported to Missouri by 18 wheeler. I also tried to explain this was the most common source of surplus military vehicles and these were not the only vehicles titled in this way. The supervisor suggested I submit the DOR551, motor vehicle safety inspection and a letter explaining the purchase process and out of state taxes. I was amazed by the concerns, but I offered to assist in trying to develop some process for titling surplus military vehicles.

Hopefully, we can all work together to get a definitive process in place for titling surplus military vehicles in the State of Missouri!

Stay safe and stay in touch,

firefinder

coachgeo

Well...... that was interesting. Taking Sgt.Wolfs suggestion as a complete shot in the dark I emailed the Governor and the Senator rep. for the MO area where we first went about transferring title over to me. Did that late last night. Low and behold at about 10am today I got a phone call from MO Dept. of Revenue. They are looking into it. Will see if it helps. I'm real cautious cause there have been others who FUBARED it for everyone when they didn't like how their county or state dealt with registering/classifying their Unimog. They ruffled so many feathers; the state they pissed off will now not register/title ANY Unimogs. With that in the back of my mind I don't want to cause any problems for anyone else so I'm being kind, cautious, and wise.

Last edited:

coachgeo

DOR of MO contacted me and apprently are starting to find paperwork. Now they want what Firefinder mentions..... DOR551. Person who left message on my phone is checking to see if a OH sheriff can fill it out. So apparently things have changed in MO. If you have a non-conforming vin # vehicle it most get DOR551

coachgeo

So the state is sending me the 551 form. The fellow who sold it to me stepped up to the plate again and purchased the form as is now required by MO. Cost was around 30 bucks. They will send this form along with a letter from MO licensing Offices asking an OH "County Sheriff" to inspect and fill it out. Then I got to send it back to MO. The inspection is to make sure the vehicle has all the proper safety items to conform to USA road safety standards (correct color brake lights, seat belts etc.). Appears anything with a non conforming Vin# now has to do this in MO.

AllFMTVpro

Well...... that was interesting. Taking Sgt.Wolfs suggestion as a complete shot in the dark I emailed the Governor and the Senator rep. for the MO area where we first went about transferring title over to me. Did that late last night. Low and behold at about 10am today I got a phone call from MO Dept. of Revenue. They are looking into it. Will see if it helps. I'm real cautious cause there have been others who FUBARED it for everyone when they didn't like how their county or state dealt with registering/classifying their Unimog. They ruffled so many feathers; the state they pissed off will now not register/title ANY Unimogs. With that in the back of my mind I don't want to cause any problems for anyone else so I'm being kind, cautious, and wise.
The way I see it it's nothing to do with Murphy's law . More about you had to have made yourself some enemies with connections. Wonder what you did ? :) but a very amusing thread , thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks